Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:55:45 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
So Ive attempted to use Pak Wagen in several games now. Ive tried a variety of setups from vanilla to tricked out.

Problem is, no matter what I try, the damn thing seems to always get one shotted, it never gets chance to even dish any real damage out.

At this point, I am starting to wish I had opted for a Puma instead.

Have any of you guys had any succsess with a Pak Wagen and / or recommend any setups or tactics? Or am I just better of going for Stugs instead?
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Maliboost  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:02:36 AM(UTC)
Maliboost

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have had a lot of success with it by always keeping it moving. I always try to angle it with cover so that only one enemy tank can fire on it at a time.
thanks 1 user thanked Maliboost for this useful post.
Kelvin on 12/8/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:27:06 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Sounds like a better tactic.

I have (for now) opted for the Stug instead, may add the Pak wagen to my Afrika Korps.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:52:10 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Cautious is an important facet to getting TDs to be successful over time. Use a radio coordinator from a command tank, or bolster the Pak Wagen's initiative the hard way to assure it shoots first, then use the Cautious roll to break line of sight if the target isn't Bailed Out or Damaged Optics by your attack. Taking the Gut Feeling doctrine will give you a re-roll in a pinch that I'd use for a critical Cautious roll. As recommended, rigging engagements in your favor also helps any tactic, especially with TDs. A Puma with Scout on-board can help you give lower init tanks final say in movement. Might also help with risky Bloodthirsty Gunner tactics.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Kelvin on 12/8/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 4:10:30 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

That's some useful info. So basically try to think of the park wagen as a jackson, but without the turret?

I kinda guessed that was its function, was just hesitant to load up such a fragile vehicle with those upgrades. Will definitely try it out though.

Edited by user Friday, December 8, 2017 4:11:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 6:05:25 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
If you're willing, I recommend adding to this list. A heavy support tank or Artillery could really help in a pinch, and there's room for improvement on both of the cars, though I'd caution against investing further into those two vehicles. Platoon Builder link

In fact, on a lark, this is a 100 point list I've assembled featuring these two vehicles with some help.
The Ambush list
The Artillery stays put, and the Pak wagen gets priority for the Scout movement boost but the pz IV long could take it if the Pak is in prime position, to set up a screen. The Pak and Artillery shoot on 10, hard, ideally at the same target before breaking sight. Watch out for woods and walls, as wheeled retroactively caps your movement at 1 when you touch terrain, even in Cautious and Blitzkrieg. "... May only make one move," specifically doesn't differentiate between bonus or phase movement that generates a token.

Edited by user Friday, December 8, 2017 6:27:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Autocorrect. Added content.

thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Kelvin on 12/8/2017(UTC)
Kelvin  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 7:16:00 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Yeah I will give that list a try. I'm playing US in a game this weekend so will try it next game hopefully. Me and bro play at 100pts usually so it'll fit nicely.

Thanks Commander