Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Inkblot  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:39:20 AM(UTC)
Inkblot

Firstly, I know you cannot re-roll a re-roll! My question does not involve that.

Also apologies if this has already been answered. I couldn't find it mentioned in the FAQ or any threads.

Question 1) A tank has these two cards attached to it:

No Retreat (Doctrine):
When attacking or defending, if there are no friendly tanks within close range of this tank, you may re-roll one of your dice.

Add-on Armour (Armour):
-1 initiative, Loses the Fast keyword. When defending this tank may re-roll any one defence die.

It is defending and rolls six dice (and there are no friendly tanks within close range).

Can it use both these effects together and re-roll two of these dice? Or just one?

Question 2) Similarly a tank has these two crew cards:

Precise Commander:
You may re-roll one attack die per turn

Precise Loader:
You may re-roll one attack die per turn

It is attacking and rolls six dice. Can I use both effects and re-roll two of these dice? Or just one?

Sorry if the answers are both yes and seem obvious. The last question may show the confusion:

Question 3)

A tank has Precise Loader and also has

Kurt Knipsel (Commander)

+3 Initiative. When rolling attack dice, you may re-roll up to two dice.

It is attacking and rolls six dice. Can I use both effects and re-roll three of these dice? Or just up to two?

if the answer to question 2 is yes then I think the answer to question 3 must be yes too, but it could be argued that "you may re-roll up to two dice" does not allow you to roll three despite having the other ability. (But in that case the answer to question 2 must be no too?)

I'd be interested to know what other players think is correct, or if there has been a ruling anywhere because it could massively change the outcome of a game.

Many thanks in advance!

CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:11:37 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Yes to all three. Kurt and other cards are unfortunately written as exclusive, but intended to be permissive abilities. Kurt allows you to reroll one or two dice when you use his ability, on addition to other abilities you might use.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Inkblot on 10/5/2017(UTC)
Inkblot  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:56:54 PM(UTC)
Inkblot

Many thanks for the reply, I only ever used one re-roll effect per tank so there's lots of new possibilities now!