Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ober999  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:08:59 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I posted this in another thread a few days ago and I'm not sure it got noticed so I am creating its own thread. If possible, could this get pinned so it doesn't get lost.

Hi guys. This is a link to an online prototype of an army builder for the Tanks game. There are still some bugs to work out but it works pretty well. It was posted on the GF9 Tanks Facebook page a few days ago and it appears there are some cards missing but other than that it seems pretty solid. There are no card visuals as we felt it might trigger a copywrite infringement challenge and our intent is to simply support the game and not get into any legal situations. Its designed to bypass the clunky battlescribe stuff and be phone and printer friendly.

Once you have selected your tanks simply click on the EDIT button and you will get the option to add the Crew/Upgrade cards. Enjoy!

http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/

Edited by user Tuesday, May 2, 2017 12:33:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked Ober999 for this useful post.
LordOfKhemri on 4/25/2017(UTC), Uthak on 4/25/2017(UTC), BadDogEDN on 4/26/2017(UTC), Ed on 4/28/2017(UTC), JagdWehrwolf on 4/30/2017(UTC), Ozariig on 8/24/2017(UTC), Waster on 8/30/2017(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:14:36 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
That's much better than BattleScribe which is a chore for this game, very useful for WHFB however.

Not sure how pleased Dmitry Lavrinenko is being demoted to a Crewman, maybe a Komissar got a bit disgruntled with him :)

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Uthak  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:49:33 AM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
thanks (again),

I already posted this in our tanks group, everyone loves the builder!

Not sure if you have any influence but some things we have come across thus far.

- the builder has no limitations, you can add as many crew/upgrades of any kind as you wish. 4 commanders, 3 gunners and all types of armor make for an interesting Super Pershing build.

- I think defensive driver is 3pt

still works like a charm, thanks so much for making and sharing this!
Ober999  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:48:06 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: Uthak Go to Quoted Post
thanks (again),

Not sure if you have any influence but some things we have come across thus far.

- the builder has no limitations, you can add as many crew/upgrades of any kind as you wish. 4 commanders, 3 gunners and all types of armor make for an interesting Super Pershing build.

I am one of two who are behind the army builder. I know what you mean regarding the crew/upgrades limitations but simply put, you are going to have to keep track of the upgrades manually and use some discernment because it would be a serious challenge to code this for each individual tank and its limitations. It would get even more complicated as new tanks and cards are introduced. Its not perfect but its a big step up from battlescribe.

I will check on the Defensive driver card and Dmitry Lavrinenko and change them. I got the stats and etc from a excel spreadsheet I acquired on the 'Tanks' facebook page and it obviously has a few errors. Let me know if there are any more boo-boos and we can change them.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:52:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Necrogoat  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:14:44 AM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there also a chance to get a german version of this online builder? i can help to translate (or better said, i have the german cards ;) ) if you need
BadDogEDN  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:27:32 AM(UTC)
BadDogEDN

YAY! Good job guys, i've been waiting for something like this forever! Hopefully someone will make a phone app too!
Ober999  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:55:17 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: Uthak Go to Quoted Post
thanks (again),

I think its limiting the number of crew members based on the slots on the cards now. Try it and let me know if there are any problems.

Defensive driver card and Dmitry Lavrinenko card are changed.

Zerstorer  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 6:16:02 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Is there any way to save a list generated with tankcardbase as a PDF yet? I suppose you could print to PDF, but it would be cool to have an exportable list.

Thanks for all your efforts! This is such a good tool for the players of the game to have.
CmdrRook  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 7:12:25 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
In global drivers, Determined Driver has a typo "...if you have aa repairable..." In the American crew, True Boy Scout is classified as a Radio CP, not a Radio Op.
Ober999  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:07:53 PM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Is there any way to save a list generated with tankcardbase as a PDF yet? I suppose you could print to PDF, but it would be cool to have an exportable list.

Simply highlight the list and select print from your browser window and it will print the list and upgrades only. It works on Firefox but I haven't tried it on the others. You can also highlight the list and copy it to Notepad or Word.

Is there some benefit to a pdf?

Ober999  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:10:00 PM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
In global drivers, Determined Driver has a typo "...if you have aa repairable..." In the American crew, True Boy Scout is classified as a Radio CP, not a Radio Op.

Thanks, will get this fixed today.

Ober999  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:39:41 AM(UTC)
Ober999

We have added a build save mode so you can recall your builds when you arrive at the game or at a later date.

Once you have finished your builds click on the save button and you will be given two things; a 5 letter code and a pastable link, you can use either of these to recall your builds at a later date. You can email these to your phone or just remember the 5 letter code for later. The idea is to do your platoon builds at home and call them up on your phone once you get to your game.

http://tanks.aamcardbase.com/

Edited by user Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:40:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

heinerrich  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:37:54 AM(UTC)
heinerrich

Great Job! I love this army builder!

But like other tolls (for example star wars) do you plan to do a pdf export? actual you can only take a screen-shot and print it! I would love to have the cards printed and organized as in real!

also some desert crew-upgrades are missing! would be great!

PS I know the wishlist is long and maybe you do the coding on your own! also the copyright can be a problem!
Ober999  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:06:56 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Originally Posted by: heinerrich Go to Quoted Post
Great Job! I love this army builder!

But like other tolls (for example star wars) do you plan to do a pdf export? actual you can only take a screen-shot and print it! I would love to have the cards printed and organized as in real!

also some desert crew-upgrades are missing! would be great!

PS I know the wishlist is long and maybe you do the coding on your own! also the copyright can be a problem!

Thanks for the input. If anyone has a comrehensive list of new desert cards I would love to have the file so I can update the platoon builder. Printing the cards is out of the question due to copyrights, however a cut and paste from your build list is enough to play a match without any cards ;)

We currently have the "build code" so you can recall you roster at the game table on your phone or tablet, however, if you wish to have a hard copy simply cut and paste it into a text document and print. (example below)

Selection: 79 points

Sherman Firefly (21)
Init 5 Att 5 Def 1 Hull 5 Crew 3
Keywords: Semi-Indirect Fire

Cromwell (30)
Init 8 Att 4 Def 1 Hull 5 Crew 4
Keywords: Fast, Semi-Indirect Fire
Radio OP: Radio Coordinator (3) During the Shooting Phase, another friendly tank gain this tank's Initiative.
Doctrine: One Foot on The Ground (4) While this tank remains Stationary it gains +1 Defence.

Crusader (13)
Init 6 Att 4 Def 0 Hull 3 Crew 3

Crusader (15)
Init 6 Att 4 Def 0 Hull 3 Crew 3
Doctrine: Bulldog Mascot (2) Remove +1 Initiative. Discard this card to cancel a Bailed Out, Shell Shocked, or Stunned Crew effect.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:07:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Ober999 for this useful post.
JagdWehrwolf on 8/1/2017(UTC), heinerrich on 8/11/2017(UTC)
CmdrRook  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:24:43 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Over, I have everything excluding the tiger and Crusader expansions. I'll pm you the details.
heinerrich  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:06:35 AM(UTC)
heinerrich

CmdrRook  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:04:46 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

As a hypothetical, would it be at all possible to include which expansion(s) the specific crew and upgrades are found in? I often wonder what I need to buy to bulk up my generic cards. I'm certain there are "maps" or there, but being able to go from brainstorming a cool list to buying it with minimal steps in between would be tremendously appreciated.
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Ober999 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
MiSiO  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 10:16:58 PM(UTC)
MiSiO

Love it!

What I miss is:

#1 - PDF print
#2 - You can not add 2 ammo cards if You have a Resourceful Loader
MiSiO
Ober999  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 4:39:16 AM(UTC)
Ober999

The Platoon Builder hosting has been renewed for another year.......Enjoy!
thanks 2 users thanked Ober999 for this useful post.
CmdrRook on 11/12/2017(UTC), Waster on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Waster  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:28:05 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ober999 Go to Quoted Post
The Platoon Builder hosting has been renewed for another year.......Enjoy!

Excellent! Our group uses this constantly for theory-crafting and to check card text without pulling the binders out. Much appreciated!