Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patton  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:19:12 PM(UTC)
Patton

In the Command Phase (page 14), it indicates "shuffle discarded Critical cards back into the Critical deck." Is there a reason that you must re-shuffle this entire Critical card deck at the end of every turn? Seems to be a "pain" to shuffle it every time! Is there some "statistical" reason for this action OR can you just NOT reshuffle and keep peeling them off the top until end of game??
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 12:41:03 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
There are set numbers of each card in the deck. Reshuffling makes sure that certain Special Effects have a roughly equal chance of occurring each turn. With discarding used Critical Cards, it becomes a matter of counting cards to determine tactics.

For example, there are two Ammo Explosion cards in the deck. If both those are drawn on the first turn and discarded, no other tank in the game will have a chance of suffering a Ammo Explosion.
WolfBenrath  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 3:10:00 AM(UTC)
WolfBenrath

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
May be if we play with 100+ points which could damage cards (32) are not sufficient. - Is my assumption for the "re-shuffle".
Or:
"6 x Stug G" to 6 x "Stug G" are 12 tanks and if everyone gets 3 critical damage ...

Feuer Frei !!!
RJ  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 5:45:08 AM(UTC)
RJ

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Also I think you need the big damage cards in there all the time and to do this with more cards would alter the likelihood of pulling them too often etc - quite a neat idea to shuffle them back in rather than having 'more' multiple copies...
Patton  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 6:12:15 AM(UTC)
Patton

Thanks all... With the understanding that the pile of Damage cards have both major and minor damage effects that could occur in any exchange, it seem appropriate to re-shuffle at the end of each turn. It's just a pain to re-shuffle these mini-cards especially when you put them in sleeves that slide all over the place... maybe getting some sort of card holder will be my next purchase.
shifty33  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 6:27:23 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yea I like the idea of the card being reshuffle in. It will also help when the tornement play comes out cause gale could say u use a shared damages deck and the reshuffle allows this. I play x-wing and there have been a couple times over the globe that people have altered there dage deck and I feel a shared deck will prevent this problem from even starting.