Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Irishthump  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 10:43:01 AM(UTC)
Irishthump

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Guys,

Just a couple of questions, and I'll illustrate with pics to help.

Moving forward being simple enough, place movement arrow touching tank and move tank anywhere along arrow square to the base.

Now if you need to turn the tank is this move below legal? Seems to be from my understanding of the rules.....

UserPostedImage

When it comes to moving in reverse are the following moves legal/correct? I'm not so sure about the first one as it seems too tight a turn....

UserPostedImage

I assume either of these would be legal....

UserPostedImage

And just a couple more questions...

A tank moves for the first time in the movement phase and hits an obstacle (impassable terrain piece), ending it's move. Is that tank then allowed to make a second move (in a different direction of course) or does hitting the obstacle stop it from moving again?

And lastly, for movement purposes are other undestroyed tanks treated as impassable terrain in the same way as destroyed tanks?

Thanks in advance guys....

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2016 10:44:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

angusin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 5:41:29 AM(UTC)
angusin

Hi from Spain!

Reading the rulebook, I thing all your movements are legal. A 'living' tank may not stop your movement and the arrow may be placed on top of him. At least, the rulebook only talks about destroyed tanks, not alive ones, so I suppose it's a legal movement. Of course, the moving tank may not end his movement on top of other tank.

Reverse movements are legal too. My opinion based on the games we've played, is that the 360º movement and reverse movement substract realism from the game. At one point, the tanks are so close, that every turn one can shoot from the rear of another. It's a 'meh' rule for me and my group. One solution could have been, if you put the arrow in the rear half of the tank, you could only place the tank in the same direction as the original position. That would make movement more realistic without compromising the simplicity of the game. With this rule, it will take 2 movement for a tank to completely change his facing.

Talking about stopping the tank when the arrow crosses impassable terrain, we're playing assuming that you immediately stops the ongoing movement, but once stopped you can continue with another move, if you have it. "the tank must stop moving when it reaches the Impassable terrain." Thats what we're doing, but it doesn't say you can't make another one.

"And lastly, for movement purposes are other undestroyed tanks treated as impassable terrain in the same way as destroyed tanks?" NO, they're not treated as impassable, the destroyed ones are. But, for shooting purposes YES, both tanks, alive and destroyed blocks Line of Sight.

That's, of course, only our opinion. Let's hope for an official response.

Byeee
--
Painting, modelling and wargames - www.modelbrush.com
Irishthump  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 7:24:09 AM(UTC)
Irishthump

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for the reply, Angusin. And hello from Ireland!

I agree with all your points except for allowing movement through live tanks, which I think should be treated as impassable terrain. I also liked your idea about limiting turning when moving backwards.
I know it's early days but I think some points need to be cleared up regarding movement so hopefully we'll get an official response soon.

One other question which I forgot was if two tanks end their move touching each other are they allowed to fire on one another?
angusin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 8:56:05 AM(UTC)
angusin

Yeah, I'm with you that the arrow should not be touching another vehicle and that this tank must be treated as Impassable Terrain. But the rulebook doesn't cover it... :(

"One other question which I forgot was if two tanks end their move touching each other are they allowed to fire on one another?"

In our battles, yes, they're allowed to fire each other. And we don't like this situation, but sadly it appears almost in every battle. The movement with the arrow it's better than Xwing (for us) but it shouldn't be 360º with every movement permitted (like we said in previous messages with the backwards movements).

Great conversation here, Irishthump.
--
Painting, modelling and wargames - www.modelbrush.com
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 9:06:23 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
All the illustrated movements are legal.

If you drive into an obstacle during your first movement, only that movement is affected. You can still make a second (or third) move.

Operational tanks aren't terrain, so don't block movement, but tanks can only end movement where there is space for them.

Tanks that are side by side can fire upon each other.

A lot of these situations are left out of the rulebook for ease of entry, and to reduce rules bloat. If you and your opponent, or your club, comes to an agreement on how to play these corner cases then carry on. If and when we start competitive play (not organised play) there will be a rules FAQ.
thanks 5 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
Ed on 6/15/2016(UTC), Sherigon on 6/19/2016(UTC), Garthbo on 7/18/2016(UTC), Icetower on 7/27/2016(UTC), yyctanksbrigade on 3/6/2017(UTC)
CloneSociety  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:09:36 PM(UTC)
CloneSociety

Is it a legal move for the tank to be faced backwards to the arrow template after being placed squared?

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:11:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sean at TANKS HQ  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:31:00 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Yes, that is a legal move.