Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:38:00 AM(UTC)
Ed

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Why do the June TANKS releases (Honey, Panzer III, Panzer IV & the Grant) still show Pre-order on the TANKS store site when they are available from stores like Miniature Market now?
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:59:29 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Because its GF9. Some answers man isnt meant to know. All new tanks (Except tiger) are out though, I got mine off ebay.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Dr Large  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 12:06:57 AM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
ebayer I used told me honey is on preorder they haven't replied to me asking about crusader, I can buy the crusader but dont fancy waiting for preorders
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 12:12:27 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I hope everyone is operating with the full knowledge that with a limited release schedule like gf9 has, buying new stuff from eBay sellers will directly and negatively impact availability at retailers, forcing other players to use eBay, which in turn makes your FLGS no money and makes it harder for them to justify carrying product. Things are hard enough for brick and mortar stores, so if you enjoy having one near you, please reconsider.
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 1:56:54 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Granted, but Im left with little choice but to use ebay. If local stockist had stuff I would (I always check with them, 80% of my gaming stuff comes from there) but my job is to collect, not stock to be fair.

With last years stuff, all but tiger came from my local, but this wave has been strange.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Ed  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 4:26:44 AM(UTC)
Ed

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: james101 Go to Quoted Post
out?...id like to know where

http://www.miniaturemark...earchresults?q=gf9+tanks

http://www.coolstuffinc....rPage=25&q=gf9+tanks

Edited by user Friday, June 30, 2017 4:44:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zerstorer  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 1:31:45 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: james101 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ed Go to Quoted Post

fine if your in the US I guess...

Why? The two vendors I found with the new stuff on EBay are both in the U.K.

Kelvin  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 2:43:43 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Zerstorers right. Nannyogg999 and thetrolltrader are the two I use. Also I can confirm that digital dragons in lichfield staffordshire stocks a pretty good range including new stuff.

Still cant find new Tiger anywhere though. I assume thats not out yet, even though rest are?
Marengo  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:21:37 AM(UTC)
Marengo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yep, in the UK myself.
I have the Crusader (really nice model) grant and panzer iv.
Ordered the Honey and Panzer iii they are en-route
No sign of tiger yet.
Axeman  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 8:33:56 PM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Yes I'm very much looking forward to the early model Tiger. When it does arrive I'm quite tempted to go for the Tunisia "Pea Green" colour scheme on the Tiger and accompanying PzIII. (the brightness of the green doesn't really come across here, but hopefully you will get the idea):

http://i306.photobucket....PeaGreen_zpsynbb46ms.jpg
dogg  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 7:53:20 PM(UTC)
dogg

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post
Yes I'm very much looking forward to the early model Tiger. When it does arrive I'm quite tempted to go for the Tunisia "Pea Green" colour scheme on the Tiger and accompanying PzIII. (the brightness of the green doesn't really come across here, but hopefully you will get the idea):

http://i306.photobucket....PeaGreen_zpsynbb46ms.jpg

I just read a article n Flames of Wars website about Tigers and Panzer III being painted in a light olive green paint scheme. I thought it was interesting and might try it myself for my NA forces.
Kelvin  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 10:54:47 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

I like sound of that. I read a while ago that SAS jeeps were painted pink in deserts, was debating trying this on a few honeys or possibly crusaders, there speed fits with the fast attack at sunrise or sundown.

Cant picture pink grants though, they look too hard for that...
Zerstorer  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:17:03 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Got 4 of the new expansions from the U.K.....the Grant, Honey, Panzer III and the Panzer IV long. Nice models and cool cards. I like the smoke rounds, smoke discharger and the artillery spotter crew. I was surprised that the Panzer IV kit had long barrel guns only. I have other Panzer IV models with the short barrel, but I wanted GF9 models for both variants.
CraigH  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:02:21 PM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Got 4 of the new expansions from the U.K.....the Grant, Honey, Panzer III and the Panzer IV long. Nice models and cool cards. I like the smoke rounds, smoke discharger and the artillery spotter crew. I was surprised that the Panzer IV kit had long barrel guns only. I have other Panzer IV models with the short barrel, but I wanted GF9 models for both variants.

Are you sure about the IV having only the long barrel ? The FoW kit shows both and I'm pretty sure they are using the same sprue.

The FoW assembly guide shows the sprue here with both barrels - well, actually three...

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5509

Zerstorer  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:07:31 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Originally Posted by: CraigH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

Are you sure about the IV having only the long barrel ? The FoW kit shows both and I'm pretty sure they are using the same sprue.

The FoW assembly guide shows the sprue here with both barrels - well, actually three...

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5509

I will look again. I don't remember seeing it, but wouldn't be the first time my eyes failed me! I already built the FOW kit and it certainly had the short barrel.

Interestingly, The Grant and Honey sprues are a green plastic. In the FOW kits, the British tanks were in a yellowish sand colored plastic. I suppose they are green since ithey will be repackaged as the Lee and the Stuart for the USA.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:43:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kelvin  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:54:42 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Just checked my kit and yep two long barrels. Very weird given the two cards. Was wondering why the Panzer 4 blister says "long" but the panzer 3 doesnt say anything.

I will just use a El Alemein FOW set Panzer 4 short.

Speaking of, why do the Panzer 3 and 4 sets get varient cards, but the Crusader doesnt? That kit can make three differently armed types.

Also, I bet as well the honey gets repackaged as a Stuart at some point instead of just giving us the cards. Boo!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:55:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kelvin  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:57:00 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

@James101

Touche, I stand corrected, thats bloody terrifying! lol

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:58:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kelvin  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:37:40 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Like I said, both cards are in there but for some reason no short barrel. I do know the FOW kit has all barrel types though, its where my short is coming from.

If your reading GF9 how'd this happen?
CmdrRook  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:35:55 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
So, to add insult to injury, you now need to buy the Tanks product for the right card, and the FoW product for the right model? Hilarious.
Kelvin  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:41:53 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Pretty much. Also weird how there is no Crusader varients in blister but there is components.