Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dr.Dave  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 11:30:56 PM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I seem to recall that when the Achilles heads up appeared on this website the original article featured a pic of the card with 'Coordinated Fire' printed on it under the tank pic instead of 'semi-indirect fire' - though semi indirect fire did appear correctly as the national rule in the information underneath.

A forum point was soon raised - the Achilles page quickly vanished from the website to be hastily replaced by an updated page showing the card with correct printing.

So - I just got my Achilles model.... and guess what it says on the card ??!!

Answers on a postcard to -

Who's stupid fault is that
1 , Ballsup Ave.
Errorsville
COC KUP

PS - do I win £5 ?

Tally - Ho  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:27:30 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Did you contact Customer Support?
What did they say?
CommodoreDecker  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:45:28 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
So if it describes the rule for semi-indirect, then that's how its played. There are no other abilities that trigger off "semi indirect fire" so I can't see a typo of calling it "coordinated fire" on one tank as an issue that will effect the game. You know it's "semi", the card explains it as "semi"....what is the issue I'm missing? They made a typo?
Dr.Dave  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 2:22:12 AM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Mr. Ho - in contact with customer support. Checking it out - ongoing.

Commodore - yes , a typo - likely caused because they used a Sov tank template when mocking up the Achilles card and forgot to change it.... except they did change it on the website ...... then forgot to pass said change onto the printers.... then failed to ( presumably ) proof check the printing or ( possibly ) saw the cock up and let it pass anyway.So the problem is not so much it affecting the game as played but one of quality control.

Seven quid. Not a fortune even since we raised a finger to the EU - but it was MY seven quid and I'd prefer it to be 100% what I paid for , thus assuring my faith in the quality control of future products.

hithero  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 2:39:59 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Pretty bad form to release a product with a known error :/
CommodoreDecker  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 3:12:54 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Originally Posted by: hithero Go to Quoted Post

While I don't disagree I'm going to again pose a question I've found myself asking recently here:

Do you guys not play other war games? FAQ and errata corrections are the norm. Expecting 100% error free accuracy on projects the size of a global game is a bit unrealistic.
Dr.Dave  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 3:47:38 AM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Originally Posted by: CommodoreDecker Go to Quoted Post

While I don't disagree I'm going to again pose a question I've found myself asking recently here:

Do you guys not play other war games? FAQ and errata corrections are the norm. Expecting 100% error free accuracy on projects the size of a global game is a bit unrealistic.

An error free world is indeed unrealistic as we're all human. A high level of customer satisfaction , however , is an achievable goal given good manufacturer quality control. It's also good for business , especially repeat business.

At the end of the day , you ( generic , not individual ) wouldn't take delivery of your brand new BMW if it had a Datsun Cherry badge in the middle of the steering wheel. Or if you would , you're a retailer's wet dream !

Carlson793  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 3:49:23 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
So if it describes the rule for semi-indirect, then that's how its played. There are no other abilities that trigger off "semi indirect fire" so I can't see a typo of calling it "coordinated fire" on one tank as an issue that will effect the game. You know it's "semi", the card explains it as "semi"....what is the issue I'm missing? They made a typo?
The issue is twofold. First, some cards list a keyword without reprinting the rule in description. For example, the Assault Gun rule is not reprinted on the cards, but does appear in the Keywords area. Second, since the Keywords field tells you the rules a tank has, this misprint means the Achilles has the Coordinated Fire rule, but does not gain Semi-Indirect Fire.

In the rulebook, page 4:
Quote:
Keywords
These keywords tell you what rules apply to your tank.

Quote:
Tank Description
This text describes the tank.

So even though rules are reprinted in the Tank Description field, they are not rules the tank has; only what appears in the Keywords field.

(I know: rules lawyering, but in a tournament setting, baring and FAQ or Errata, what's in the 'rules' area of the card is gospel.)
hithero  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 4:00:15 AM(UTC)
hithero

It's one card, how hard would that be to proof read? literally noticed within 10 seconds of posting :/
CommodoreDecker  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 4:41:26 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Originally Posted by: Dr.Dave Go to Quoted Post

An error free world is indeed unrealistic as we're all human. A high level of customer satisfaction , however , is an achievable goal given good manufacturer quality control. It's also good for business , especially repeat business.

At the end of the day , you ( generic , not individual ) wouldn't take delivery of your brand new BMW if it had a Datsun Cherry badge in the middle of the steering wheel. Or if you would , you're a retailer's wet dream !

Your analogy doesn't play. The BMW you,mentioned wpuld be special ordered and personalized and a premium paid for that. So of course I would expect it to be correct. You are comparing that to the printing on a mass produced low cost game accessory.
CommodoreDecker  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 4:44:01 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post
The issue is twofold. First, some cards list a keyword without reprinting the rule in description. For example, the Assault Gun rule is not reprinted on the cards, but does appear in the Keywords area. Second, since the Keywords field tells you the rules a tank has, this misprint means the Achilles has the Coordinated Fire rule, but does not gain Semi-Indirect Fire.

In the rulebook, page 4:
Quote:
Keywords
These keywords tell you what rules apply to your tank.

Quote:
Tank Description
This text describes the tank.

So even though rules are reprinted in the Tank Description field, they are not rules the tank has; only what appears in the Keywords field.

(I know: rules lawyering, but in a tournament setting, baring and FAQ or Errata, what's in the 'rules' area of the card is gospel.)

I don't have the card but my understanding is it has the coordinated fire keyword but then gives the rule definition for semi indirect, but as I said, I don't have the card.
Tally - Ho  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:01:58 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Mistakes do happen. It is what happens next that is important.
I agree if I pay for something I should get what is advertised so I understand the frustration. The cost of the item is not really relevant. Whether it is a hamburger off the dollar menu or a custom ordered car; you should get what you ordered.
Hopefully it is a learning experience for the production people and this can be avoided later.

Silver lining; there are some Achilles out there that have the Coordinated Fire rule. (I am basing it off the fact that the keywords tell you what rules apply to the unit.)
(Don't gt me wrong; I think they owe you the right card still.)

Edited by user Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:03:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hithero  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:33:32 AM(UTC)
hithero

Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

I agree if I pay for something I should get what is advertised so I understand the frustration.

LOL, I suppose they did originally advertise what you would get by posting the error, but unfortunately, in their embarrassment they took the image down leading us to believe the error would be corrected. Should have left it up, we would have no reason to complain then :)
Tally - Ho  
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:44:10 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

I agree if I pay for something I should get what is advertised so I understand the frustration.

LOL, I suppose they did originally advertise what you would get by posting the error, but unfortunately, in their embarrassment they took the image down leading us to believe the error would be corrected. Should have left it up, we would have no reason to complain then :)

I had not thought of it that way. That is pretty funny.
Course I am not the one who got the misprinted card.
LordOfKhemri  
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:51:41 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Maybe I could be sent 2 replacement Achilles cards (corrected of course) when I get my 4 sets of faction dice and muzzle flash sets from their parent company, whenever they come back in stock?
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
PilGrim  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:03:14 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)

#

Actually the Ekins special effect triggers from Semi Indirect........

There is a strange acceptance of errors in gaming. They screwed up. Its not earth shattering, but to deny it happened or somehow deride customers for pointing it out, misses the point.

Carlson793  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:54:33 PM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
PilGrim  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:43:54 PM(UTC)
PilGrim

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Good response from a customer service standpoint. Probably should have apologised to be 100 percent but quick, explained the problem, explained the solution and offered a short term cover to anyone with an immediate need. 9/10 so far. Of course that would turn to rats#it if they fail the follow up but they have a good record there so I think it will be fine.

Out of interest is the slight tongue in cheek tone appreciated by customers or not, and do you feel the reference to a "few" going out wrong is disingenuous or not?

I'm involved in customer services one way or another so this interests me
LordOfKhemri  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:25:10 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I got two Achilles, both dodgy cards so that's 100% failure rate :)

We may never know what "a few" really is.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Dr.Dave  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:29:49 PM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
I got two Achilles, both dodgy cards so that's 100% failure rate :)

We may never know what "a few" really is.

I reckon you and I should encourage everyone else to get the replacement cards then chuck the original away. That way our 'limited edition' cards will be worth a fortune !!!