Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seb  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 2:56:28 AM(UTC)
Seb

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
come on GF9. its February , I want to see more content and latest news, not... Happy Holidays from 2 months ago.
whats the latest ? any news ?
thanks 1 user thanked Seb for this useful post.
Chimpalvaro on 2/5/2018(UTC)
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 4:30:09 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Bump..yeah, and do something about the spam. Appoint moderators.
thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
Chimpalvaro on 2/5/2018(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:29:56 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Thank you Seb and Zerstorer.

I hope we all enjoyed Christmas or whatever festival you choose to celebrate, but I don't subscribe to the old Wizzard song of "I wish it could be Christmas everyday".

Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CmdrRook  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:42:09 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Just received month 1 and 2 of Line in the Sand, the US v German op today, so a quick word about that stuff, or an upload of month three of the last op would be a fine addition. Waster has more content on misprints, on a related note!
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
CraigH on 2/7/2018(UTC)
CraigH  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:54:27 AM(UTC)
CraigH

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
Just received month 1 and 2 of Line in the Sand, the US v German op today, so a quick word about that stuff, or an upload of month three of the last op would be a fine addition. Waster has more content on misprints, on a related note!

So there are OP kits for the latest releases - thanks for letting us know !

I so want to know what's in them but I guess I can wait until GF9 returns from Christmas break...(sigh).

Sheesh, I know we're not GF9's only game but just a nod that shows you appreciate our business would be nice.

Seb  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:24:54 AM(UTC)
Seb

So..umm..still holidays ...nothing happening.. no news.. no responce....not feeling like GF9 really care or want to interact with customers.
As a new person to the game the lack of commitment on their own website is disheartening to say the least.
Seb  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:17:23 PM(UTC)
Seb

You Need To Update Your Website

There is no better or more cost effective way to advertise your business than on the World Wide Web. If done correctly Web pages make your business, company or organization easily accessible to anyone with a PC, laptop, Tablet or mobile phone
When people visit your site, they see it as a reflection of your organisation. If your site looks professional and is loaded with useful information readers will see you as an authority and expert. Likewise if the site looks poorly designed and structured and/or out-of-date they’ll make the same assumptions about your company. The website should highlight your product and/or service and the layout should look harmonious and consistent.
It makes sense to remove or update out of date content. As websites mature and grow, it often becomes apparent that certain parts just aren’t working well anymore and are becoming outdated.
The UK is now a smartphone society. We’re spending two hours online on our smartphones every day; twice as long as laptops and PCs. If you factor that fact with Google’s April 21st mobile-friendly update ignoring the mobile market is a very risky business. It is now considered common practice to make a website mobile friendly (responsive

In conclusion, if you haven’t updated your website in a while the chances are that you may be driving mobile users and potential customers away

GF9 ... Please read and pay attention..
CraigH on 2/16/2018(UTC)
CmdrRook  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:36:39 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hey, man; I'm all for supporting and reaffirming an active community hungry for content, but this post was simply embarrassing to read and does not represent the community's interests at all. There are plenty of ways to encourage the engagement of GF9 short of demanding an established and successful company with its own production schedule abide to your expectations, and silly to infer that they toe the line of failure if they don't. The condescending tone alone strips away any legitimacy you might've had, and damages the relationship we've built here, between content creators and consumers. I understand you feel the HQ has wronged you and the community as a whole by way of neglect, but someone has to be the bigger person and accept that priorities are not in your hands alone. Please take these criticisms to heart and work with the rest of us to promote trust and collaboration, instead of tearing people down who disappoint you.

Sincerely, Rook
thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/16/2018(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:20:49 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Am torn here.

Efforts finally made to deal with spammers - good.
Keeping a forum available for us to express our pleasure/pain - good.

Stagnant home page content - poor
Depot/Garage - desperately needs amalgamating and/or reorganising.

I don't use my big screen phone to view the forum much as I prefer to look at a laptop screen rather than squint at a smaller one.

I think it's most about meeting customer expectation/anticipation (sorry for management speak).

Sloppy QA resulting in misprints could be avoided,
maintaining a more up to date home page would create interest rather than a shoulder droop when it's the same stuff that's been there for weeks,
Entice the members with snippets of information about upcoming releases (a caveat about production release is fine by me),

It's clear that the web site isn't the highest priority but it shouldn't be kicked into the long grass.

I tried to be nice there.
6 May 18 no
thanks 4 users thanked LordOfKhemri for this useful post.
Seb on 2/16/2018(UTC), MaOle on 2/16/2018(UTC), CmdrRook on 2/16/2018(UTC), xFascistUnicorn on 2/16/2018(UTC)
Seb  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 12:01:02 AM(UTC)
Seb

My sincerest apologies to you Rook or anyone else who may have taken offence. That is never my intention. I should have been a little clearer in my writing.
The previous post i placed was actualy a excerpt from this piece that I found online

https://www.granite5.com...-to-update-your-website/

And i thought some of it was relevent to the fact.
I shall be more mindfull in future
CmdrRook on 2/16/2018(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:43:35 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

With just over 5 weeks to go to Easter I'd like to wish everyone Happy Holidays :)
6 May 18 no
Kelvin  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:37:18 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I've been away for a while and Wow.

It seems stuff has got a bit worse with spam and updates, I even see community members getting annoyed with each other now.

Without taking sides, I actually see all sides of the argument. My major concern however is that us guys as the end users (and the ones who part with the hard earned cash) are frankly being sold short.

My opinion on the matter is whatever battlefront hq does, they need to do it quick as this is becoming a serious case of deja vu of last years problems again.

On the plus side, I am pleased to see that we have new comrades joining us still and people still care enough to rally and give their insights.

Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
thanks 2 users thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
MaOle on 2/21/2018(UTC), Seb on 2/21/2018(UTC)