Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kozi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:32:45 PM(UTC)
Kozi

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Got a chance to play some intro battles today, 50, 75, and 100 pts, Germans vs Russians. We used the online rules and cards, no critical hit deck or upgrades.

Fifty points is rather blah, good for getting going. I think it was 3x T34 vs a Panther and a PzIV. Germans were victorious, Blitzkrieg was very powerful against the low init Russians.

75 pts, don't remember the forces, but again the Germans won, the Panther firing first and Blitzkrieg working wonders.

Third game, bigger forces but the same result. Much better 'feel' to the game with 100 pts.

The next game I took the Russians for a change-up. 2 Panther, 2 PzIV, vs 4 T34 and a P34/85. I wanted to see if the Russians could pull out a victory. I used movement 3 very aggressively, catching the German player off guard. I eventually had him pinned in a corner where my superior attack dice caught up with him, and he eventually conceded. He was playing a bit guarded, not wanting to lose a tank or willing to trade damage for the chance to kill a T-34.

I think the game may be even better at 125-150 pts, as you will still be able to run 4-5 tanks but with commanders and upgrades. Definitely fast and fun, and look forward to the actual release.

One initial grumble, the Germans only initially get 4 vehicles for 3 boosters. The Russians get 8 vehicles for 4 boosters. Assuming the Pz IV/T34 as the low end of tanks, the Germans won't get much more... (Tiger, Jagdtiger, Pz IV assault gun (Guderians Duck with L70 75mm), maybe a Maus?)
I think they could have split the Stug into the 105 howitzer version, and the PzIV as a D/short 75mm, or with/without Schurzen. Some additional abilities would have flavored them up.
thanks 3 users thanked Kozi for this useful post.
Sean at TANKS HQ on 5/3/2016(UTC), WolfBenrath on 5/3/2016(UTC), FlyXwire on 5/4/2016(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:01:16 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
That Blitzkrieg sure is nasty.
Once you've got a Critical Damage deck it should tone down a bit, as the German player has to make that hard decision between repairing and moving.

If you want to try out some bigger lists with more customised tanks, 125 would be an excellent point level for that. Just watch out for the Stug horde :D
rcshield  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:25:09 PM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I kind of like the idea of a stug horde :)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:28:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kozi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:32:30 PM(UTC)
Kozi

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post
That Blitzkrieg sure is nasty.
Once you've got a Critical Damage deck it should tone down a bit, as the German player has to make that hard decision between repairing and moving.

If you want to try out some bigger lists with more customised tanks, 125 would be an excellent point level for that. Just watch out for the Stug horde :D

I'm really thinking the game will blossom with the crew, upgrades, and crit deck. It's fun as is, but adding the meta factor of force building and adding in those nasty surprises will just make it more so.

rcshield  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 4:18:49 AM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I also feel that the potential interactions with upgrade cards, crew and mixed forces will add a great deal to the game without reducing its appeal to new players. I anticipate a strong community that explores the interactions and possibilities as we all find new and interesting combinations. In the end it is a game and it is about having fun. The meta game just adds another level of game play. I am looking forward to the release and what organized play will add to the experience. In the mean time I have some tanks to paint...