Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ARuair  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:02:43 AM(UTC)
ARuair

I am planning to buy the starter set on Wednesday and I have never painted models like these. I am hoping someone will inspire me with their paint schemes. I would ask for specific advice but I have no idea what I'm going to do just yet. Is it generally considered taboo to paint your tanks in a not so historical scheme? I don't know if I want to do something out of the box or try to get a more traditional paint scheme down.

Thanks!

JTSleep  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:10:53 AM(UTC)
JTSleep

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, and welcome to the party zone :D

First I must say that those models are really forgiving. Even if you make mistake, you can always diguise it as battle damage, rust, or just filth.

As for historical accuracy... I personally did not research any paint schemes at first, but later on I also started playing flames of war ("Tanks" big brother with soldiers, field guns, vehicles and stuff) and kinda regreted it, because it actually is historical game. But if you plan to stick with only Tanks, sou can paint your tanks with any scheme you like. I saw pink germans, panzers with "Girls und Panzer" decals, some crazy brits with camo made from national flag and more. :D

As for simplicity, I use basecoat for my models in somewhat similar color I want them to be. So Army green Army painter spray for US and soviets and Skeleton bone Army painter spray for germans and UK.

I´m not as much as painter as I´m enthusiast, but even without high level of motorical skill,those bad boys look great.

As for some of photos, here are some of my americans:
UserPostedImage

and some german:
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:12:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
Dr Large  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:15:01 AM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
There is a few non historical paint schemes doing the rounds, personally seen the 40k ork version of the US tanks, and a few GUP and GUP inspired paint jobs.

I've been meaning to update my thread in this subforum for a bit, but been busy painting other things.

Also like those schemes by JTSleep