Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bruce  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:13:08 AM(UTC)
bruce

I just started playing FOW and my son is 8 and loves tanks. Would Tanks be good for kids?

Tanks alot.

BW
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:26:29 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Tanks is a great place for kids to start, especially considering how easy it is to set up a 1v1 tank fight to get the basics learned. 8-10 it's a tough agree range to target because their interests and ability can vary so broadly, individual to individual, but if they can track variables at their most basic, they can play tanks.
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:38:01 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
My 8 year old son has learning disabilities and I play regular games with him. Hes actually getting quite good at it.

Yes I absolutley reccomend if your child shows an intrest. Its way healthier a pastime than them been sat in front of computer, also sparked some learning about WW2 as well during games.

Only advice is definatley supervise any model assembly or spray priming, goes without sayimg.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:32:42 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I think this is a perfect intro game for kids, but man...it is great for experienced gamers too! Gaming fun, historical flavor and plays quickly for those of us who don't have lots of gaming time!

If I were to demo this to kids, I would opt for pretty 3D terrain items and cheap tank models that can take a beating. Hook them with the visuals and don't sweat the kids handling the minis.
dogg  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 4:59:17 AM(UTC)
dogg

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
My 11 year old has only played the game a couple of times. I lost twice. He then declared the game was to easy and went back to his video games. He does like Flames of War. I personally think its a great game and have a lot of fun with it. 3D terrain is a must to keep their attention.
Wendy Long  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:00:21 PM(UTC)
Wendy Long

I think you can teach him the way to play with the tank in order to he knows Know how to play properly.
rolling sky

Edited by user Friday, July 14, 2017 7:01:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jonathon  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:13:44 AM(UTC)
Jonathon

My kids love playing Tanks. We've only played two matches so far, but the last one we played went for about an hour as we chased each other through defensive spots and dinged shells back and forth off each other with little or no damage. Finally ended in my two oldest (they were controlling one team together vs mine) took out my Pershing and then doubled up on my M10 hiding in the woods.
Ranger74  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 4:06:00 PM(UTC)
Ranger74

My 11 year old and my 15 year old both love the game, and have started buying their own models. Almost every time I an at the FLGS with my Tanks models, I have a few of the card player kids, usually ranging between 10 and 19 years of age over at my table asking all sorts of questions.

So yes, I think Tanks is an amazing game for kids, especially when they start asking questions about how historically accurate some of the scenarios are.