Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chaudard  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:09:12 AM(UTC)
Chaudard

Hello.

In the game there is nothing for "reverse gear" !!!

So, when we play, we count one "reverse gear" as a two time mouvement, but with only one move. And we put a 2 speed token for one "reverse gear", because mouvement is slower.

I think that is a good idea. I want to know what you think about that.

Thank you.

LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:58:28 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
The idea of reversing is not like in a car where reversing really is going backwards.
The more abstract movement in this game could suggest that the tank spins round, drives a number of arrows and then spins round to face the original direction.

Looking at the start and end positions it seems odd but it's really ok and doesn't need changing for a simple fun game.

Besides that, I like my T34s to be able to "reverse" at speed 3 through a wood and then do a handbrake turn without the remotest chance of hitting huge trees 😃
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
CmdrRook  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 4:29:25 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chaudard Go to Quoted Post
Hello.

In the game there is nothing for "reverse gear" !!!

This is a common observation from new initiates. You may come to realize it as unnecessary in this game, or you will go mad at things like tanks squeezing through gaps half their width, dead tanks shooting and killing other tanks, or, heaven forbid, multiple treelines not equating a more difficult shot than one.

For everything else, there's Flames of War.

Welcome aboard!
Wendy Long  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:33:39 PM(UTC)
Wendy Long

I agree with you, reverse gear is a part that makes a tank move a vehicle in a backward direction, it is necessary. So your idea can improve the missing reverse gear.
rolling sky
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:13:45 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
By nature of how movement works I thought you could reverse anyway? As for a penalty for doing so I dont know as yes reversing is trickier than going forward, but I dont think a tank will struggle to do so. In fact a common tactic during tank battles was to suddenly reverse. It would throw an opponents aim and also allowed the tank to fall back with its strongest armour (and weapon in case of assault guns) to still face the enemy.

To be fair the abstractness of TANKS can be a little odd at times, gotta remember its a fast and loose version of WW2 battles at end of day.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Jhary  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:43:30 AM(UTC)
Jhary

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When i see the Movement, you can spinn youre tank on Place then Move then Turn again. So who needs a reverse Gear?