Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi guys.

So Im thinking of doing some camo netting on my Firefly tanks. Ive already done the gauze with leaves thing on stuff and want to try the burlap strips method.

I was wondering, is green stuff good for this? Or can anyone reccomend a better way?

Also, I discovered you can turn the sprues into log armour with a bit of carefull trimming and painting. Wish I could upload pics.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Uthak  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 1:50:32 PM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I saw a guy on facebook making the sweetest camo netting. he used the linen bandages from a first aid kit, soaked them in glue-stuff, draped them across a tank (and a bunker), waited for it to harden and then dry-brushed it. looks absolutely phenomenal and is very simple to recreate. (the fine mesh of the linen looks like perfect scale camo netting when on the tiny units)...

Shoutout to that dude, whoever he was: your ideas live on and thanks for sharing! (if you ever come across this)
Bgongon  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 3:19:45 PM(UTC)
Bgongon

Logs can also be done by trimming a standard toothpick and leaving the ends unpainted to get a cut wood effect easily. There are a couple on an SU-85 and T-34 I have.
Kelvin  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 8:47:16 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Funny enough was thinking toothpicks on day, sprue was due to not having any! Great to know they do work though.

Also the camo netting you describe is what Ive previously done, and your correct, it is sweet.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...