Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cerebus  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 2:48:53 AM(UTC)
Cerebus

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just had a game with my 9 yr old. Great fun. And that was with stripped down rules (no damage cards, no equipment cards and just the stat additions for the Heroes). With the full rules I think hours of fun will be had.

The simple mechanics make this really accessible for the boy (we have played a few games of FOW and he knows what he's doing, but we both struggle to remember all the rules which really slows things down).

Not sure I fully like the initiative rule though. Maybe a random initiative each turn would be better, perhaps roll d6 and add your initiative value to it, so it still favours the better tanks , but you've always got that chance to get your shot in ahead of Wittman. Don't know, perhaps something I'll playtest later on.
thanks 2 users thanked Cerebus for this useful post.
WolfBenrath on 4/8/2016(UTC), Sean at TANKS HQ on 4/8/2016(UTC)
rcshield  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 9:00:20 AM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I plan on playing this with my son as well. He is however 17 and often better at remembering the rules that I am. We both enjoy the many skirmish games that are out their. Wings of War, Wings of Glory, X Wing, and some more traditional table top games. We have been waiting for something to tie our interest in WWII tanks with gaming. We have a small collection of FOW models and are already planning an expansion. Glad to see another young player.

Shrapnelsmile  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:17:54 AM(UTC)
Shrapnelsmile

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes I'm going to surprise my son with Tanks when we got out of town on a vacation soon. We started with 40K years ago, but he's mid 20's now so something faster but appealing will be a good fit. Cheers everyone.
~ Shrap
rcshield  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:57:15 PM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My son just turned eighteen. He will be off to college in the fall. We also played some 40k for a few years but the mini counts just got too high. We have been playing several skirmish games but nothing really stuck. He has always liked tanks and the like. He has a number of flames of war tanks that he picked up because he liked the looks or were of interest. We are both looking forward to this game and having something easy to pick up.