Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FlyXwire  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:55:26 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
From the pictures on-site for assembling the plastic models for the Tanks game, I was wondering if the colors illustrated closely reflect the actual color of the plastic of/for each kit, or have the models been base-coated for the photography?

(wondering if the plastic kit colors might closely resemble the historical base-coat colors of the particular nationalities of the tank kits purchased)
Thundertotem  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:25:14 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I have bought some of battlefront's plastics. The colors are based for nationality.
Panzer Vor!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Thundertotem for this useful post.
FlyXwire on 3/19/2016(UTC)
FlyXwire  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:54:14 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Thundertotem, I'm hoping that's the same with the Tanks! kits being previewed here too.

I've got WW2 armor collections in 3 different scales already, but I'd like to support my LHS with presenting this game & its supporting models line, and would want to get any new 15mm AFVs on the board asap (but looking pleasingly weathered and appealing to onlookers). This I can do quickly with lining, and pigment weathering......now having the models already in a "close-enough" base coat color would allow a quick flat-clear spraying before any of this speed-detail/weathering work (and so my question here about the plastic colors of the models).
Thundertotem  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:04:58 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
from what I gather, the Tanks plastics are the same as the FoW plastics, just different packaging.
Panzer Vor!!!
FlyXwire  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:00:34 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

I've now seen photos and videos of the plastic color of the Panthers in the starter set, and they're much yellower looking than the models here on this website, so these previews of the kits must have been spray-paint enhanced.