Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ski  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 10:10:39 AM(UTC)
Ski

Silly question.

We played one of our first games today and both players lost their last tank on the same turn.

Who wins? Seems like both players "win" but that's kind of weird and unsatisfying.

I looked in the forum but I'm not even sure what term to search on. "Ties" didn't work and neither did a few iterations of "all tanks destroyed". Obviously this has to have happened plenty of times before.
LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:08:10 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
In my eyes you have just had a fantastic game :)
A draw i would say unless you are playing points killed.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Seamoose  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:05:14 PM(UTC)
Seamoose

I'd say the defending player would be the winner since they successfully defended the zone.
Or maybe they both won because of friendship.
Waster  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 12:48:13 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
It's a draw, hurray! We've had a few draws in our games. They're rare, but I think quite spectacular.
Commander  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 2:05:10 PM(UTC)
Commander

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In pick up games ties are fine
In tournament play ties are not wanted
Agree before hand what will happen
Suggestion have a long range shoot off , dice roll only , between last two tanks
Best of that round wins
Another the one who shot first should win
Any other ideas?
Going to start some tournaments and want to avoid this
CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 3:29:10 PM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Ties happen in tournaments, take this from a long time TO of MTG. Trends and statistics through game rounds are sufficient to break scoring ties, and victory points are a good way to do that in Tanks.
Sohlon  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:26:27 PM(UTC)
Sohlon

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To be honest it depends on the game type, with objectives it's just points gained and with panzer ace it's most points destroyed so unless the forces were exactly balanced one player will win. If either of those methods are equal then it's a tie.

If you want a tie break you can use pretty much any method you like from flipping a coin to redoing the game! They only last 30min anyway!

My personal favourite however it the "Immortal Warrior" method. Both tanks stick at 1 health and fight on, if you can damage your opponent without taking any damage in return you win! Just keep going back to one health each time both tanks get destroyed.

We have another varient for timed or abjective based ties which is "Sudden Death" i.e all tanks drop to one health and last tank standing takes the win, moving to immortal warrior if again there is a tie.
Chargers  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 11:45:09 PM(UTC)
Chargers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
Ties happen in tournaments, take this from a long time TO of MTG. Trends and statistics through game rounds are sufficient to break scoring ties, and victory points are a good way to do that in Tanks.

(While unsatisfying to me) Ties do happen in games. In Swiss rounds, you can deal with it. Records and victory points will sort things out. But in elimination format (such as during cut to final four), ties don't work.

One option: Not to be all X-Wingy comparison, but their dice-off works. (And we did have to go to it in a Store Championship I ran.) Both players roll a number of dice equal to their total attack values. The one who rolls the higher number of hit results wins.
1000cc of testosterone