Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dr Large  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:06:28 PM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This is only about 1 week late:)

The battle was between Germans played by Khemi and british played by myself
with 180pts we had some room for options, however the game only lasted around 1 hr 30 mins, I blame a certain sherman crew

My forces:
Comet, bloodthristy gunner and sabot
Cromwell, Bloodthristy gunner
Cromwell, Bloodthristy gunner
Firefly, supercharger, sabot and Joe ekins
Firefly, supercharger, sabot and Aflie Nicholls
Sherman V
Sherman V

Germans
Tiger
Panther
Panzer IV
Panzer IV
Puma
Stug
Stug
Pakwagon
unsure of what upgrades exactly

Mustering the forces

Turn one
Turn one was a massive charge with supercharged fireflies racing into the woods accompanied by the cromwells, 5 defence dice didn't help a cromwell which was promptly destroyed.
The bravest sherman took 1 crit and a damage, and was bailed out and continued to be so until it was destroyed in turn 5.
Think I in return hurt the tiger and busted the track of a panzer IV as well as shellshocking the crew

Turn 1 damage

Turn 2
Cheeky cromwell can cause crits, having moved up the left flank it managed to outflank and close to close range on the panther, believed it bailed it out as well as other minor damage. the panther remounted in the end step.

Cheeky cromwell

In return the Cheeky cromwell took heavy damage(4) and a firefly had a rather emotional event when its engine was set on fire and due to other damage was also destroyed.
The pakwagon tried to hurt a sherman firefly with tungsten rounds scoring 4 hits but die roll double ones which was lucky for the firefly, it was then destroyed by one of the fireflies.

The comet using lesser known teleportation technology it phased through a building to get a close range side shot on a puma which took 2 crits and a 1 resulting in 1 damage and little else :(
Comet teleports

Turns 3/4
Not quite sure what happen in turns 3/4 but highlights include the cheeky cromwell continuing to hound the panther taking it up to 6 damage but being destroyed in return.
the puma took more hits and crits from comet was destroyed but forced the comet to discard its sabot ammo( I figured rolling 8 dice against puma was a bit overkill so never used it)
pretty sure the firefly and unbailed out sherman died around these turns also.

Turn 5
Comet being very aggressive closed into close range of a stug which blocked LOS from other tanks to it and displaying unheard of competence managed to one shot it with lucky crits
Competent Comet

pretty sure after being outflanked by a panzer IV and surrounded by the other germans the bailed out sherman was destroyed

Turn 6
Comet did a death or glory against the panther hoping to kill it before being downed, it failed and comet was downed in return

Many dead british tanks

At the end of the battle the germans had lost
Puma
Pakwagon
Stug

and the british had no tanks left

Learning points
Fireflies with superchargers and sabot are really good but probably should of moved them after firing their sabot.
May of wanted to overkil the puma with sabot it held me up for longer then it should
Pairing a cromwell and comet together would mean they can push a flank better
thanks 1 user thanked Dr Large for this useful post.
Sean at TANKS HQ on 4/12/2017(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:00:39 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Better late than never!

We must have a proper go at a real battle reports one day, recording what happened as i can't even remember the day after what went on.

Plenty of schnapps was downed that night, the camp being lit by the still burning Shermans :)
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Dr Large  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:32:46 AM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
my internal checklist is better camera as that phone didn't take great pictures and was unstable at times
and notepad for recording cool stuff more exactly

brought some terrain as looks like fow scale its not great but looks decent enough

tiger test
tiger on left doesn't fit into the box and tiger on right turret has barely any rotation

UserPostedImage
if you get on eye level the tiger is hull down
Fow infantry included for scale:)
so not quite sure what scale it is but once painted should give a bit more life then cardboard tokens and rather cheap
building was £10 and barricades set of 3 was £4.75

Also tested stug and grant they both fit in the wooden hole and look rather menacing:)