Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richard  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:42:12 PM(UTC)
Richard

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I do like this game, I really think it has a lot of potential and is a lot of fun. That said, it needs to appeal to both the existing players and the novice ones where Tanks could be an entry-level game to WW2, which brings me to my current bugbear - the assembly instructions vary from adequate to appallingly bad. I've only just started, currently I own the starter set and the Cromwell expansion, and have noticed a minor problem with the Sherman 76 diagram (extra piece illustrated on the mantlet which should not be there) and two big problems with the Cromwell (the rear hull must be put on after the top hull, not before as shown and the mantlet is shown both the right way up and upside down).

Now it wasn't a big problem for me, nor I suspect for a lot of Tanks gamers, but any novices starting out are going to be a little confused and possibly put off by these avoidable mistakes - I'd like to be able to show off this game to prospective new players at my local shop and club, knowing full well that I'm going to have to warn them in advance about the assembly instructions. GF9, please - a bit more attention to detail would be greatly appreciated by both existing and prospective players.
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 12:21:25 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yep I agree.

Im a veteran modeler and even I find it annoying when instructions cause glue to be everywhere.

That being said, I always reccomend dry fitting peices and putting some thought into what your doing because of things like this.

If Im honest, the best assembly instructions are the flames of war websites, very detailed and history accurate.
dogg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:21:42 PM(UTC)
dogg

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I agree also, their assembly instructions are woefully bad.
Tally - Ho  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 1:52:09 PM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I am just glad you can usually find better ones on the Flames of War site.
Richard  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 7:20:49 AM(UTC)
Richard

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post
I am just glad you can usually find better ones on the Flames of War site.

Absolutely. But for a novice gamer just starting on their first tank model, not the most obvious way to go.
Swished3  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:05:24 PM(UTC)
Swished3

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kelvin Go to Quoted Post
If Im honest, the best assembly instructions are the flames of war websites, very detailed and history accurate.

The Flames of War website does have far better assembly instructions, but the examples aren't always 100% historically accurate. The .50 on the top of the Firefly for example. British Sherman Vs and Fireflies shouldn't have them. I've yet to see a picture of one on the turret of a British or Canadian Sherman.

Also, sometimes the decal placement is inaccurate, like the decals on the front edge of the track guards on the Comet. 10th Armoured had theirs on the front of the tank on the thin flat spot, but that space is small on the models and the FOW decals are a bit big.....