Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gendail  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 1:35:31 PM(UTC)
Gendail

I saw this at one of my LGS's and being an X-Wing player and WWII fan (as well as a former FoW player) I was sold at first sight!

I went ahead and bought the only starter this store had. Drove the hour home, tore open the package and dug in.

The first thing I thought was odd was that the cards were not sealed, they were bound with an elastic band around each group. They still had that new semi-stuck together feel though, so I didn't think anything of it at the time.

I went ahead built the tanks and got ready for the first mission to learn the game! I popped out all the bits from the two loose cardboard bit sheets (that's right, two!) Went to set up and realized I was missing one sheet that included the big forest terrain piece.

I watched an unboxing video and realized that I should have had a sealed set of 3 cardboard bit sheets. The two I got were loose. The unboxing video also showed that the two sets of cards should have been plastic wrapped, which mine weren't

To say the least, while I can still play, this is not a good start to the game for me :(

So my two questions are:

1) How do I get that missing sheet?

2) Was this how things were supposed to be or should have everything been plastic wrapped? (the outer box was still wrapped but did have a slight tear in it.)
Ed  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 4:13:49 PM(UTC)
Ed

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sounds like the store re-wrapped a used set. If you have trouble getting a replacement, PM me you address. I bought a few starters and can spare your missing large terrain sheet.
thanks 1 user thanked Ed for this useful post.
Gendail on 12/31/2016(UTC)
Paul  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 5:05:04 PM(UTC)
Paul

Yeah, a bad store... they should have said it was second hand... email customer service at battlefront once they're back at work.. they're good value and will sort you out!
Waster  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 1:22:24 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Might or might not have been previously opened. My starter and several of my expansions used rubber bands instead of bags.
Gendail  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:32:45 AM(UTC)
Gendail

Thanks for the offer Ed :)

I might take you up on that, I'll email Battlefront first.

My initial thoughts were that it was a return as well and re-wrapped. It's weird that the only thing that would be missing out of it though would be that one forest cardboard terrain piece.

I was able to improvise and played that "beginners" mission last night to get a feel of it. Liking the game so far and hope it sticks around!