Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bryn Fowd  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:07:11 PM(UTC)
Bryn Fowd

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like the game and am happy with the simplified and abstract rules. I like fast play rather than constantly sorting through tables, cross referencing, and so on. I've played many war-games in the last 30 years and the longer a turn takes to resolve thanks to long and detailed rules then the less I like it. I usually forget what my cunning and clever strategy was going to be. I tend to find that if played fairly, simple rules in the end give about the same result as complex ones - i.e. I lose.

I'm wondering what direction future expansions will take the game?
I personally would like western desert forces - Matilda IIs, Stuarts, Crusaders, M3 Lee/Grants against Panzer II and IV, Marders, Pumas and maybe Italian M13/40s. Of course I could just roll my own stat cards and use Flames Of War models - Or use the 1/76 models have with Tanks rules.

It could also go more modern, maybe British Centurions and American Pattons and Pershings vs Russian T-34/85s and SU-76s, and even more modern to early cold war forces, M-60s and Chieftans vs T-80s.

In time perhaps even rules for infantry, light vehicles and ground attack aircraft. (I have a nice 1:100 Spitfire IX I've been dying to use.)

Here's looking at a bright future, full of possibilities.

BF
Axeman  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 5:30:46 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'd like to see themed boxed sets including terrain suited to the theme and linked to particular campaigns or battles. Maybe Western Desert, Blitzkrieg 1940, Battle of the Bulge, Barbarossa etc.

I'd rather use 'official' Tanks stuff rather than make my own cards because they will give me extra (new) scenarios, upgrades and crew cards and it is these that give the game flexibility and replay value.

thanks 1 user thanked Axeman for this useful post.
Bryn Fowd on 12/5/2016(UTC)
Jambon-Purée  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
Jambon-Purée

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cold war could be very cool !

Cuba and bay of Pigs with M41 VS T34/85
Korean War
Israel wars, etc ...
thanks 1 user thanked Jambon-Purée for this useful post.
LS650  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 7:53:13 AM(UTC)
LS650

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'd like them to stick with what they have and concentrate on good support for the game as is. Have good support for tournaments and scenario kits. Over time add more WW2 armoured vehicles.

I hope they will NOT wander off the garden path with a lot of add-ones and expansions. I've seen that with other games, and then the game becomes bloated and unwieldy.

Edited by user Monday, December 5, 2016 7:55:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked LS650 for this useful post.
Zerstorer  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 11:46:13 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I will be happy if they keep up with the WW2 expansions. For now, I can make fan cards for the modern kit and hope that someday Tanks will include those vehicles. The early Cold War stuff is easy to figure out (Korea, Pakistan vs India, Vietham and the '56 and '67 Arab Israeli Wars are pretty simple to make cards for)...not much difference from WW2, but when you start adding Chobham armor, reactive armor, improved gun computers, range finders and stabilization and guided munitions....that gets tougher!

Edited by user Monday, December 5, 2016 11:47:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
janw90  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 2:03:05 AM(UTC)
janw90

I would prefer early war german (pz2,3,35(t),38(t),4)/russian/UK then french/polish tanks
Ed  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 4:43:30 AM(UTC)
Ed

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
For now, I hope they stick to WWII only. So many tanks and tank related vehicles should keep the game going for years. And I hope they don't forget the 1939 to 1941 period.
Kelvin  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 11:43:07 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
They could do other eras but stress the incompatibility with stuff. I like ideo of adding ww2 planes and possibly infantry somhow. Kinda like a simplified flames of war.
Tally - Ho  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:47:06 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I think there is still a fair amount that can be done just with WW2. I am hoping for a couple of different Churchills & the Challenger.

I would also love to see early & mid war versions.
Mikeyboy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:39:22 PM(UTC)
Mikeyboy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As the news that Flames of War 4th edition is coming in March next year, They mention that they are going back to mid war with new plastic kits, so that means we will more than likely have desert war stuff coming to tanks next year.
Kelvin  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 10:08:47 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yes! I turn 30 in march so thats good news. Hopefully be some new terrain bits in there too.
Fernando  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:21:03 PM(UTC)
Fernando

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Battlefront has announced the new boxes for the 4 edition and... There are Pz IV and Panzer III for Africa Corps and Crusaiders and Grants for the British forces.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5434

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:22:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified