Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Major_Koenig  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 5:37:41 AM(UTC)
Major_Koenig

hi,

recently played 2 games with a pimped up panther. wittmann, precise loader, deadly gunner, improvised armor/concrete armor, supercharger, fire extinguisher/medikit, tungsten shot (58/59 points, for the upgrades: first game/second game). facing 3 75mm shermans.

the first game was really close and 3 lucky crits and a really bad dice roll ( 1,1,1,2) when being fired at close range blew up my tiger and killing all the crews. last sherman survived with 2 hp.

the second game was quite onesided. wittmann showing his skills, rolling 5's and 6's all night long on attack and defense. damaging shermans for 3-4 dmg with each shot and then finishing them off at close range.

all he waits for now is his tiger tank, which he will hopefully get for chrismtas :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
Tally - Ho  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 1:57:31 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
it would have been interesting to see how the Tiger would have faired in that first scenario as it has 2 more hit points.
Major_Koenig  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:43:13 AM(UTC)
Major_Koenig

yep, and i will be over 60 points now. no more supercharger, as it cant be combined with the concrete armor but take the defensive driver. as for the gunner, i am still not decided if i prefer the one to chose from 2 crits or the one that transform 1 crit into 2 hits. especially outnoubmered the more dmg you do the quicker the ennemy is gone. need some more testing

Tally - Ho  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 7:05:54 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

I had wondered how the Concrete Armour & Super Charger could work together. (Glad that was cleared up.)
I personally like the idea of choosing between 2 crit cards. It increases the odds of getting a better result.
Major_Koenig  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 4:56:02 AM(UTC)
Major_Koenig

yep me too, especially if you get the crit where the opponent cant shoot or move. but i found it usefull too to inflict 2 more hits for a crit.

think the upgrades can help in some situations where others are useless. but i like the idea of 2 super tanks, unfortunately i started my 100 points games with a 61 and a 59 point tank :) had to downsize 1 and then added 2 panzer Iv.
Tally - Ho  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 10:33:03 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Well they say quantity has a quality all of its own.
(Thinking of a Cromwell with about 4 Achilles. Could make for some fun running & gunning.)
Problem is I'd be stuck with no upgrades and very light armour. I'd have to hope my opponent was running Panzer IV's with lower initiative to make that work. Against a couple of hopped up Panthers I think I would have serious trouble.

The game would be won or lost in the first 2-3 turns.
Kelvin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:25:43 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
M10 and varients are major glass cannons. Keep them in built up terrain areas and away from more open areas (Even woods, believe me) or they end up getting one bombed.

Germans went for armour on thir tank killers, allies manouverability. Best to suit army to type of field your playing, example: stugs and jagdpanthers are vulnefable in urban areas but excel in more open terrain.

Best tanks in game really are the humble shermans, panzers and T34 series if used well.

Your assault guns and M10 types are circumstance reliant and you big tanks NEED to be reaping their value back or its a ' Lose your queen for a lesser piece' type situation.

Not to say any tank ks bad, just think how theyre going to work as agroup and on the table.