Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JagdWehrwolf  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 6:14:41 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Evening.

Let's start with a disclaimer: I am fully aware that TANKS is very light on historical content.

Having that out of the way, a short story. After a long waiting I was quite interested with a new offering for German forces, that was to be a Puma. The leak of official card raised my eyebrow for a moment (Recon rule), but I quickly turned positive. After all Jerry's were to have a first Fast vehicle and Recon rule made sense (stay in the cover and, You know, reconnoiter...). Than one of TANKS HQ spoiled an unleaked upgrade in a vein of Radio Coordinator. That got me hyped as I like the design of rules promoting internal synergy of the Force. After that, while browsing FoW Store I realised that I can make a bet for who will be a Hero in a Puma pack - A Panzer Commander himself, Major Hanz von Luck. That got me to sit and re-read his book. By that moment I was in full swing giddy mode. And then Puma got released...

Sprue is top notch. Two vehicles for TANKS and four in total for a price of one (and some clever magnetising). Then I got to cards. Quick Thinking is quite cool. Now everyone can be like Ernst Barkmann. Quick Turn, a bit situational, but can save Your arse in a tight spot. Panzer Ace is great, though surprisingly it wasn't included in Tiger expansion. After came the Scout. That's what I'm talking about!!! Two thumbs up. Finally I found Hans von Luck... +1 Initiative. +1 Defence... WHILE STATIONARY...

What? The? Frak?

German reconnaissance officer (a mobile force almost by definition) serving under Erwin Rommel (famous for his highly mobile armoured actions) in this game got relegated to sit on his arse being a commander of Heavy tanks or tank destroyers (because who in his right mind would voluntarily stay Stationary in anything with Def less than 2)...

Somewhere in between I got my hands on British Achilles and Otto Carius' card got leaked and pattern started to emerge. For the moment being it looks like, after some discussion on this forum regarding the illusionary benefits of Stationary status, devs started to try to plug that hole. If it is so, than kudos to development team for listening to community. But in this case I just can not imagine a way that would make even less sense. I'm hoping that the long in production F.A.Q may clear or even rewrite some of the rules.

Hell. Now getting that off of my chest I should really ask the question, but I forgot what it was. So, improvising, can someone of TANKS HQ comment and can we treat current Hans vov Luck as a misprint that can be corrected for something making sense (gives tank a Recon, or Fast for one turn, +1 Def when mobile, anything...) in a near future?

LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 10:07:23 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
From my "The Tank Commander Pocket Manual 1939-1945" available at all good Amazon stores lol.

"a stationary object is a much easier target than a moving one - do not, by sheer neglect of your periodical maintenance, murder your pals in your crew."

One might also add, deliberately remain stationary in the face of the enemy.

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 10:18:57 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
From my "The Tank Commander Pocket Manual 1939-1945" available at all good Amazon stores lol.

"a stationary object is a much easier target than a moving one - do not, by sheer neglect of your periodical maintenance, murder your pals in your crew."

One might also add, deliberately remain stationary in the face of the enemy.

Unless, of course, if you are in an ambush position. Tanks lacks opportunity fire, but I guess you could model this with a camo nets for 4 pts and the stationary reroll. Might be nice to have some sort of card that u discard to increase your shooting initiative when you stay stationary. Because some effective ambush weapons, like the Stug IIIg, tend to become funeral pyres when they try to lie in wait for a good shot. Maybe future German TD's might get the cautious rule?