Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thelordofelba  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:12:25 PM(UTC)
Thelordofelba

I was just eyeballing the stats of the PakWagen, and I was thinking that it could serve as a shell in which to fit the AMX-13, with a few adjustments, such as removing the wheeled rule, and giving it some sort of re-roll on attack dice to simulate the short time between shots due to the autoloader.

Mowie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:16:40 PM(UTC)
Mowie

My question to you would be, how would you simulate the crew having to get out of the vehicle to reload the 12 round mag once it is out of ammo?
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mowie Go to Quoted Post
My question to you would be, how would you simulate the crew having to get out of the vehicle to reload the 12 round mag once it is out of ammo?

I am thinking either really give it a low firepower number....or keep it equal to a Panther tank, but only able to shoot 2 or 3 times a game. I understand the reload would take over 15 minutes, with a crew,an outside the vehicle. I think the AMX-13 would also be a fast tank and have relatively high initiative.

I am starting to work out Tanks stats for the '67 war...the '56 war would also be cool, since the Egyptians in Sinai would have Archer TD's and Staghound armored cars!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:57:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thelordofelba  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:37:06 PM(UTC)
Thelordofelba

As far as I understand, the game makes quite a few abstractions in order to increase playability. Harpoon for Tanks this is not. As such, track repairs in a turn (I hear its a long gutbusting job at the best of times, let alone in a tank duel), and more specifically, the game does not make a difference between the 5-10 round of ready ammo and the rest of the ammo load that's more difficult to load.

How about every-time you fire, but a token on the card and roll a d6. If the roll is under the number of tokens, the vehicle needs to re-load and can't fire until it spends a turn completely immobile. It creates a press your luck mechanic, that can create interesting tactical challenges in the middle of game, such as "I have 2 tokens on my card and I feel relatively safe here, do I reload, or do I press forward and get that rear shot on Timmy's tank?"

P.S. I would be interested in helping out with the early cold war, since I do have some T-54 and Centurion MkV that I'm interested in fielding - in addition to a few other "Disney Panzers" and Mid War Monsters...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:43:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: adding post script and typo removal

Mowie  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:36:58 PM(UTC)
Mowie

Originally Posted by: Thelordofelba Go to Quoted Post

As far as I understand, the game makes quite a few abstractions in order to increase playability.

I understand that however if you have a pro you should have a con to balance it.