Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zerstorer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:21:40 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I was thinking about how the Challenger might be rated in tanks. It was slower than the Cromwell at 32 mph vs 40 mph. It had a 17lber gun....but with less propellant than the ammo used in the Firefly. It had a lot less turret armor than the Cromwell to save weight.

I was thinking 7-5-1-4 or maybe 6-5-1-4...still with the fast keyword. I am leaning towards 6-5-1-4 because of the slow reload in a cramped tank. I think that would give a 25 pt tank, or a 26 pt tank if the initiative is a 7 vice 6.

What does the community think?

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2016 7:05:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tally - Ho  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 8:44:16 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Personally I would like to see the Challenger in the game. Mostly because I think it would be fun to have a force of Cromwells, Challengers, & Centaurs. Also because I think the British list right now is a little boring.

Full Disclosure: I am definitely not an expert.

I like the 6-5-1-4 better. I am not sure I agree with the Fast keyword though. Only because it is my understanding that it was longer, wider, & slower than the Cromwell.

My thoughts had always been that it would be a higher point tank; so I would go with 26 - 27 points.
(I had originally thought it would be around 30 pts but based on feedback from others I was too high.)
jimklein1966  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 1:53:28 PM(UTC)
jimklein1966

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is the card we have been using for awhile and are pretty happy with it. A word of caution tho- if you trick it out with a bunch of upgrades it quickly becomes a bullet magnet and it wont last long.
The stats were derived from Flames of War so ... historical accuracy may be a tad off

challenger