Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
actionmackie  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:34:53 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Playing about with some ideas, they may even be included in the game already but not shown, great minds think alike and if not feel free to steal/adapt/borrow

Light Tanks

Small tank used in a reconnaissance role, low firepower, low defense and low hit points. Possibly high initiative as they should be quite nimble on the battlefield. Provides recon, if within a arrows distance from an enemy tank, any friendly tank targeting said enemy gains an additional firepower dice.

Nice cheap unit, will need to use speed for defense, should be equipped with FAST ability

Recovery Tanks

Medium tank, low firepower if any, normal defense and hit points
Engineering tank that could spend it's repair on any friendly tank within an arrows distance

Smoke Ammo (expendable)

Instead of shooting, players tank fires smoke rounds, place smoke template down (not sure what size, thinking 2" circle". Smoke blocks line of site, working exactly the same way as a wooded area. Smoke template remains in play. During command phase roll d6, on a result of 1-3 smoke dissapates and is removed from play. 4-6 Smoke remains

What do you think and any cool ideas of your own?
Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 5:23:42 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Light Tanks could work out pretty well, especially if the cost makes you weigh whether to add that light tank or a Hero/Crew/Upgrade. Can also see their benefits, even if they're not a combat powerhouse: providing cover and 'ablative wounds' for heavier tanks.
actionmackie  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 5:39:18 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Think a light tank would only have 1-2 firepower, not much use against a medium tank, especially if a light tanks needs to move at speed to survive. Low individual combat value but when used to support medium/heavy tanks it would suddenly become very valuable
Fernando  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:32:08 AM(UTC)
Fernando

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I like very much this idea , specialy the ligth Tanks 😃

Edited by user Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:32:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thundertotem  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:41:50 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
The way I would work Light Tanks, Very fast, low Firepower, and cheap on points. Good for capturing objectives.
Panzer Vor!!!
rcshield  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:15:25 PM(UTC)
rcshield

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Add me to the list for adding light tanks. I own a panzer two "luchs" it is one of my favorite models. Of course we all likely have a favorite tanks or two we would like added to the game. No harm in asking though. I also like the idea of a recovery vehical to assist in repair rolls.
Thundertotem  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:56:58 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Originally Posted by: rcshield Go to Quoted Post
Add me to the list for adding light tanks. I own a panzer two "luchs" it is one of my favorite models. Of course we all likely have a favorite tanks or two we would like added to the game. No harm in asking though. I also like the idea of a recovery vehical to assist in repair rolls.

Just do what I am doing. I'm making stat cards for several tanks that are not available. Come to our Facebook group. I'm gonna be adding several light tanks to my list. Any input would be great. It won't be tourney legal, but among friends anything goes.

GF9 Tanks Unofficial FB Group

So far this is the list of tanks I am working on:
Maus
Tortoise
T-28 Super Heavy Tank
IS-III
E75
E75 tank destroyer
E100
Hetzer
Jagdpanzer IV L/70
Jagddtiger
PzIII
Type 89 I-Go
Type-3 Chi-Nu
VK 4501 Tiger(P)
Panzer 38(t)
Char B-1bis
M3 Lee
M2 Stuart

Anymore to the list would be great. Still waiting for the release of the game to nail down the general thinking about how the tanks cards work.

It would be nice to get a design document on how the stats were developed for Tanks /hint /hint/ /nudge /nudge.

Edited by user Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:42:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panzer Vor!!!
StealthWolf84  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 10:45:57 AM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I give green light to "Light Tanks" and "Smoke Ammo". Very nice ideas...

For recovery tanks, I'd say no, because the scale of the game shouldn't allow a repair vehicle to proceed under fire to approach a friendly tank to do... what? The guys with wrenches can't exit their vehicle under MG fire, HE shells raining down and "jabos" dropping bombs, to repair or change an engine. :)

my 2cents
LaBambaMan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:32:18 AM(UTC)
LaBambaMan

Originally Posted by: Thundertotem Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rcshield Go to Quoted Post

Just do what I am doing. I'm making stat cards for several tanks that are not available. Come to our Facebook group. I'm gonna be adding several light tanks to my list. Any input would be great. It won't be tourney legal, but among friends anything goes.

GF9 Tanks Unofficial FB Group

So far this is the list of tanks I am working on:
Maus
Tortoise
T-28 Super Heavy Tank
IS-III
E75
E75 tank destroyer
E100
Hetzer
Jagdpanzer IV L/70
Jagddtiger
PzIII
Type 89 I-Go
Type-3 Chi-Nu
VK 4501 Tiger(P)
Panzer 38(t)
Char B-1bis
M3 Lee
M2 Stuart

Anymore to the list would be great. Still waiting for the release of the game to nail down the general thinking about how the tanks cards work.

It would be nice to get a design document on how the stats were developed for Tanks /hint /hint/ /nudge /nudge.

No Italian tanks? Sad panda.

Also; what are the chances we'll see stuff like self-propelled arty in the future? Roll out the Sextons!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:33:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

actionmackie  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:56:27 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Am sure Italian tanks will be on someone's to do list. Not sure if self propelled artillery will make an appearance given the short range of the game. Having said that, they could do indirect fire as long as a friendly tank can see the target, maybe with some move or fire rule.
Thundertotem  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:13:21 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Originally Posted by: LaBambaMan Go to Quoted Post
No Italian tanks? Sad panda.

Oh, they are on the list, I have an updated list on my comp.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:14:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panzer Vor!!!