Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tracy George  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 12:51:28 PM(UTC)
Tracy George

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 5 post(s)
A battle between the USA and the Soviets. 100 points per side. In this battle I wanted test and see if my thoughts on Soviet tactics would work.

You can find the article about my thoughts on Soviet tactics here: http://tracygeorgeproduc...s-on-soviet-tactics.html
thanks 2 users thanked Tracy George for this useful post.
mikeymajq on 6/27/2016(UTC), Sean at TANKS HQ on 6/27/2016(UTC)
mikeymajq  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:23:09 AM(UTC)
mikeymajq

Thanks for the video batreps! Poor Russian. those dice were clearly not on their side :P

on turn 2 I would probably have moved the Pershing in the corner to the left (moving twice) so it also could have shot at the IS-2 (and get outta dodge easier on turn 3). Altough that close range side shot could have done a lot of damage. tough call!

Since cover isn't stackable, you don't always have to worry about it too much, like if the enemy is inside a wooded area you might as well stay in the open and just move, or if both tanks moved twice and you have 2 armour, for example ^^
Tracy George  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 6:04:30 AM(UTC)
Tracy George

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mikeymajq Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the video batreps! Poor Russian. those dice were clearly not on their side :P

on turn 2 I would probably have moved the Pershing in the corner to the left (moving twice) so it also could have shot at the IS-2 (and get outta dodge easier on turn 3). Altough that close range side shot could have done a lot of damage. tough call!

Since cover isn't stackable, you don't always have to worry about it too much, like if the enemy is inside a wooded area you might as well stay in the open and just move, or if both tanks moved twice and you have 2 armour, for example ^^

Yeah, sometimes it's a tough call. You don't want analysis paralysis while making these types of videos. So, sometimes the choice you make may not have been the best.
mikeymajq  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 10:35:34 PM(UTC)
mikeymajq

That's true, better to have a good flow :)