Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barca  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 1:08:32 PM(UTC)
barca

I saw this statement "cannot re-roll a re-roll" in this post: http://tanks.gf9games.co...89&g=posts&t=206

Applying that logic to Barkmann, other heroes or crew, you can only re-roll an attack roll once.

So if Barkmann's tank is stationary, he can use EITHER the stationary re-roll ( 2 rolls of attack dice), or the hero rule, but not both (3 attack rolls).

Correct?

The same should also apply to partial attack re-roll (e.g. The Firefly special rule)

Edited by user Sunday, July 3, 2016 1:09:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jimklein1966  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 5:04:57 PM(UTC)
jimklein1966

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Alot of our players are former or current X-Wing players which allows re-rolls of re-rolls. Since the rule book didnt specify that you couldnt we allow ppl to re-roll dice untill they run out of re-rolls. Its more exciting we think and heroes and other special abilities would be quite so interesting with out it. It also makes games go quicker since vehicles get torn up faster
Carlson793  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 5:22:19 PM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Based on the card, Ernst Barkmann does not provide a re-roll; he provides a new attack if certain conditions are met.

The sequence would be:
  • Barkmann's tank remains stationary in the Movement Phase.
  • In the Shooting Phase, Barkmann's tank makes an Attack (this is the first Attack).
  • Barkmann chooses to re-roll.
  • The defender rolls defense and cancels all Hits/Critical Hits.
  • At this point, the first Attack has ended.
  • By the conditions of Barkmann's special rule, his tank can now make a second Attack.
  • Since this is a different Attack than the first one, the player also has the option of re-rolling Attack dice per the "Shooting while Stationary" rule.

In the case of Semi-Direct Fire (on not just the Sherman Firefly, but all British tanks), the tank gets the same "Shooting While Stationary" roll as every other tank in the game. The difference is that the tank can choose to hold onto one die from the initial roll. As an example, when rolling five dice while stationary, I score 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. I opt to keep the 6, then re-roll the other four dice. The new roll is four 1s, and with the 6 that was held back, I must accept this second roll - it can't be re-rolled again.