Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thundertotem  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:35:35 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Seeing how Tanks is gonna use a points system for balancing forces. What point sizes will be used for Tourney and general game forces?

I ordered the starter set, and I am starting to build my forces to demo the game at my LFGS. I am just wondering where I should start.
Panzer Vor!!!
actionmackie  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:39:47 PM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Probably guessing 100pts, seems right for a 3x3 area
Fernando  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:52:03 PM(UTC)
Fernando

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes, The limit is 100 points but they recommend 50 points for starting. You can found this in the download rules, page 15.
actionmackie  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 11:16:15 PM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Fernando's right, for a 3x3 the field of battle would be a bit congested with more than 100 pts. Would allow you 6 tanks per side at most (think the cheapest tank is 15) but the game would scale up nicely if you want to increase the points just increase the table size.

Sometimes found X Wing, Attack Wing etc could get cumbersome because of the maneuver dials and templates, no such problem for us.
tibour  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 3:47:12 AM(UTC)
tibour

Based on the 100 point list. Is their going to be any restrictions such as no more than 50% may be spent on upgrades. You were clear about no duplicate heroes. At this point I don't even know if this is even possible. Not knowing what the upgrades can do or their points just thinking about balance.
THE OCALA GARRISON http://ocalagarrison.org/
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 8:00:48 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
The only limit that currently exists for upgrades is that you can only have one of each type.
Each crew member has a particular job, gunner for example, and you can only take one gunner per tank.
However there is nothing stopping you from running a real Hero tank, with special crew in every slot and every possible upgrade.
It will be a very powerful game piece, but you can be sure your opponent is going to focus their fire.

As for the points limit, it's been mentioned upthread that we're working with 100 as our target for balanced games. But there is absolutely nothing stopping you from playing more or less.
I'd also recommend trying some multiplayer death-matches!