Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patejl  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 7:29:38 AM(UTC)
Patejl

Gentlemen, I am excited after reading the rules - this really seems like really fun and straightforward system, but with a lot of potential.
However, one thing - I keep in my mind realism is inevitably reduced, still - the magic of firing from side which imho works so nice and easily with normal tanks must not be completely ingnored by heavies - it is in the very contrary of how heavy tank should be approached in skirmish. Three reasons:
A/ realism - (yes I know :) ) why just slap in the face the nice rule which makes the game more realistic and works elesewhere?
B/ Heavies already have their 2-3 dice for front where the other tanks have 1, bigger ammount of points t sustain damage so why a special rule?..
C/ FUN - what fun will it be to shoot the heavies for the same dice count no matter the smart maneuvering? No skill needed either by heavy neither by the opponent just roll and play...?

Good job anyway, can´t wait to buy a starter!

Edited by user Friday, May 6, 2016 7:31:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hithero  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 8:00:16 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
This question has been raised and answered before, they say it's not all heavy tanks that will get this rule, just those that have side armour rated the same as the front. And yes, its a great game :)
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:16:15 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Compare the Super Pershing to the IS-2.
Sure, the Super Pershing doesn't have the Heavy Tank rule, but because its base defence is 3 it will still be rolling the same number of defence dice (2) as the IS-2 when flanked. It has a lot of armour on the side, but definitely not as much as it has on the front.

As Hithero mentioned, the Heavy Tank rule represents those tanks whose side armour was close to being as thick as their front.
MATRAKA14  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:56:57 AM(UTC)
MATRAKA14

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post
Compare the Super Pershing to the IS-2.
Sure, the Super Pershing doesn't have the Heavy Tank rule, but because its base defence is 3 it will still be rolling the same number of defence dice (2) as the IS-2 when flanked. It has a lot of armour on the side, but definitely not as much as it has on the front.

As Hithero mentioned, the Heavy Tank rule represents those tanks whose side armour was close to being as thick as their front.

The systems has its flaws, right now the most heavily armoured soviet tank the is2 has the same frontal armour as a panther an i guess its going to be the same with the tiger 1. Because tigers having 1 or 3 defense would be a nonsense. So you have a huge pile of tanks sitting in the same armour values 1 and 2. also add the factor that flank shots are easily avoidable and not rewarding at all, with the current movement and side shot sistem.

I suggest splitting the critical deck in 3 different ones, on for frontal crits, the second one for side shots, and the last one for rear shots. The amount of specific crit cards in each deck simulates the chances of successfully hitting it.
thanks 2 users thanked MATRAKA14 for this useful post.
FlyXwire on 5/6/2016(UTC), WolfBenrath on 5/6/2016(UTC)
FlyXwire  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 12:23:56 PM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MATRAKA14 Go to Quoted Post
I suggest splitting the critical deck in 3 different ones, on for frontal crits, the second one for side shots, and the last one for rear shots. The amount of specific crit cards in each deck simulates the chances of successfully hitting it.

Very interesting idea MATRAKA14!!!

Although we could graphically modify the tank cards themselves to add more Damage Capacity or Defensive armor, I really like suggestions that make changes just by reorienting the game components themselves (like this multiple damage deck idea here).

Irishthump  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:16:19 AM(UTC)
Irishthump

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sorry guys, late to this discussion.....

Just to clarify, the Heavy Tsnk rule negates any bonus for side or rear shots am I right?

I know that there are no stats yet for the Tiger I and II, but would this rule be applicable to them?
hithero  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:40:51 AM(UTC)
hithero

Tiger 2 probably not has 185mm - 100mm on the front and 80mm side, so armour 3/2 will probably suit.
Tiger 1 has 100 front and 80 side, so armour 2 and Heavy Tank is probably correct.
Irishthump  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 8:46:34 AM(UTC)
Irishthump

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for the info, Hithero!
Carlson793  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 10:09:59 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
@hithero: Thanks for the look at those cards. Think that's the first time I've seen my form-fillables in use.

(Hmm... Notes to self: I need to bump the stat sizes up a couple points; they're just a hair too small looking. Also need to see why the Frutiger font didn't imbed.)
hithero  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:38:47 PM(UTC)
hithero

I'm having to use an old acrobat pro 6 which always comes up with so many errors I don't read them, need to so I can save to jpg for printing. Did you know that when you save as PDF it doesn't save any of the layers, just what you type in and the picture.