Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 5:30:59 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi guys.

I've got a single early Sherman that I mostly bought for the cards. I was wondering if it was historically accurate to include this tank in a late war Sherman force. I'm not planning on a US desert army, so it's either use it here, or wait for the possible early British Sherman.

Any info is appreciated.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 6:03:08 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
No preorders on distributors mentioning a British m4 release, sorry. Nothing stopping you from kitting it up, but a relevant card for it is many months away, if forthcoming at all.
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 6:28:14 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'm well into finishing the two 75mm for my fury platoon. I was debating if I could use this early one as a fourth.

To be honest, I may just scavenge any stowage parts and leave the tank on sprue until a use is found.

I've got the 76mm (which is fury itself), the two 75mm and a few alternate options if I want to change up (perishing, jackson and priest on the way). When I consider the usual limit is 100pts that's probably plenty of options for a late war force.

I try to keep my forces small, but themed and with a backbone element and then a few support options. Usually around 6 or 7 tanks to a force.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...