Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brochtree  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:58:10 AM(UTC)
Brochtree

Decided since I don't want to do a full Afrika Korps army I'd use the tanks for TANKS, so here's my list:

Tiger (31)
- Kampfgruppe Lueder
Panzer IV (Short) (13)
Panzer IV (Long) (15)
Panzer III (Short) (11)
Panzer III (Long) (14)
Panzer III (Long) (16)
- Improvised Armour

100pts on the dot. I know this list isn't terribly optimized it's literally all the choices available to me from the FoW starter. What I'm more after is how would you play the list and not "You should get this" or "You should swap to this tank."
CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 12:03:49 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I'd play defensively, as your initiative is going to be pretty low across the board. Build situations that require the enemy to engage more than one of your tanks and try to make them trade a more expensive tank for yours in shooting. Be careful not to get isolated, and capitalize on the pz4s being able to shoot over tanks by keeping it behind your front line.
Brochtree  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 1:39:57 AM(UTC)
Brochtree

Would it be worth the effort of dropping the tiger and adding crew to buff the initiative? The Tiger is the only thing I don't already own.
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 5:05:25 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Brochtree Go to Quoted Post
Would it be worth the effort of dropping the tiger and adding crew to buff the initiative? The Tiger is the only thing I don't already own.

I would say yes, since moving last and shooting first are a big deal in this game.
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 11:15:56 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
If you could change the other Panzer 4 to a short you could use both as an artillery support group. That would give you an indirect fire option for dealing with hard to get at stuff.

Other than that I would agree on dropping the Tiger as well. Use the points to upgrade your Panzers.

Superchargers may be useful as you could quickly redeploy if your line gets broken, also there is a card for smoke concealment (cant quite remember the name though). Should be good for covering you P4's

Lastly, consider crew upgrades that'll keep tanks fighting. Speed isnt as much priority if your playing defensive, but armour upgrades and accuracy or shooting phase initiatives are.

Good luck with your squadron
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...