Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul Chappell  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 4:03:06 PM(UTC)
Paul Chappell

So, picked up the game and using my old FoW tanks I find I have a decent number of British Grants now... 6 Grants @ 14/each and filler... A Sherman V perhaps or a Honey and a few odd points in something? Anyone have experience running a swarm like this?
Dr Large  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:25:23 PM(UTC)
Dr Large

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Grants are not bad, only used 2 max at the moment preferring to use Crusaders myself.

Swarms do well in objective games
Waster  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 12:01:48 AM(UTC)
Waster

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Russians are a very effective swarm, as they're designed for that.
Don't own much from the British so it's hard to say for me how a swarm would do.

Most tanks you can field in a 100 pt list in the game is currently nine Panzer IIIs at 11 pts each with one point left over for what you will (Maybe a cunning commander? Seems a bit pointless though. Knowing myself I'd probably just throw a bottle of booze in with one of them and wish them luck)
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 8:16:01 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I think the best tanks for swarming are fast. For the Brits, that is the Comet, Cromwell, Crusader and Honey. Take advantage of slower enemy forces by rushing them at close range, flanking them when u can, denying return shots from assault guns by positioning and then hammering them with stationary survivors at close range. High initiative is a must.

You could have 4 Cromwells, 2 with bloodthirsty gunner...or a Comet w/superior commander plus 3 Cromwells....7 Crusaders (3 with bloodthirsty gunner).....better, 7 Honeys (4 with bloodthirsty gunner and aggressive loader)...or 8 Honeys (4 with aggressive loader).
Kelvin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:25:37 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I played a brit force a few weeks ago using a comet, cromwell and firefly.

Im a little hazy on upgrades and specifics as it wa s a while ago and beer was involved, but I do remember the comet and cromwell absolutley destroyed the german side.

I basically charged in ( and kept moving at 3 moves) and they battered a Tiger 1 and Panther with little reprive.

The firefly managed to one shot a pakwagen but fell victim to the Tiger taking sniper shots.

Either way, I belive that Brit forces definatley need fast movers, fireflys are fire support and sherman 5s are point fillers.

I may try a tricked out achillies next time over the firefly, just to see what happens.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
CmdrRook  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 3:45:47 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Five Crusaders with Calculating Driver, Bloodthirsty Gunner, and Bulldog Mascot.

Fast tanks that move on 9, shoot on 7, with 5 dice, and an emergency morale reroll.

Edited by user Friday, September 8, 2017 3:46:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed math.

Ranger74  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 5:04:27 PM(UTC)
Ranger74

I like running Panzer swarms. Panzer III's and IV's, flooding the field is a glorious sight.
Kelvin  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 8:49:36 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Thats my afrika korps army to a T. Except I also have a Tiger for those statement situations.
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
Ranger74  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:48:37 PM(UTC)
Ranger74

I think I fielded something like 6 Panzers... 4 Panzer IV's and 2 Panzer III's. The Russian player, my 15 year old son, had a hard time dealing with it.