Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jetsetter  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 1:55:19 AM(UTC)
Jetsetter

Is it possible for GF9 to consider changing the rule of reshuffling the critical damage cards back into the deck when repaired or used. It seems like, once you take that card it should go to a discard pile to only be reshuffled if the damage deck is empty.

I know we can house rule that, but just wanted to bend the designers' ears about it.

CmdrRook  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 2:15:10 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I think the frequency of re shuffling is important to minimize deterministic situations. Since the damage deck is supposed to be shared between both players, if I see both Bailed Out cards on the table/in the discard, I know I can safely rely on final fury to reciprocate damage. The same would be true with Lucky Hit and Ammo Explosion cards. If they're in the deck, crits have real risk. Otherwise, you'd play it like a game of Blackjack, waiting until the risk is assuredly in your favor before making a large bet.

Edited by user Friday, August 25, 2017 2:16:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Blackjack autocorrected to blackface. Huh.

thanks 1 user thanked CmdrRook for this useful post.
Sean at TANKS HQ on 8/25/2017(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:00:11 PM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CmdrRook Go to Quoted Post
I think the frequency of re shuffling is important to minimize deterministic situations. Since the damage deck is supposed to be shared between both players, if I see both Bailed Out cards on the table/in the discard, I know I can safely rely on final fury to reciprocate damage. The same would be true with Lucky Hit and Ammo Explosion cards. If they're in the deck, crits have real risk. Otherwise, you'd play it like a game of Blackjack, waiting until the risk is assuredly in your favor before making a large bet.

Yep, card counting won't help you in TANKS.
Cards are shuffled back into the mix each turn so that the probability of getting a certain crit result isn't affected too badly by cards being removed.