Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StuGLove  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:56:13 PM(UTC)
StuGLove

I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but it looks like a great pickup game! And the price point can't be beatenšŸ‘Œ. I got into Open Fire and went in on it with my brothers, but we never got to play since nobody around this town would dare play it for fear of losing their souls to Satan. I love the models, the easy to read and understand rules, and that I can play fun quick games without breaking my bank. So kudos to GF9 for this little charmeršŸ¤£. I'm getting tired of collecting huge armies and having to sit and paint for hours on end; I want to put a good looking paint job on them and then get'em on the table. 100 points is my limit and with two Panthers, five StuGs, and a Panzer IV, I think that's about all I need right now to field a varied and effective force.

However, I do have an issue and it has to do with that very Panzer IV. You see, I have two different cards for the P IV. One was he one I got with the Tanks starter set, and one I got with he second P IV I bought in waco.

Example.1 has 4 crew spots, 17 points, and 5 HP. Stats: 5, 4, 1, 5.

Example 2 has 3 crew spots, 15 points, 4 HP Stats 5, 4, 1, 4.

Which one do I use? I'll try to post a pic of them
Ranger74  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 5:51:21 PM(UTC)
Ranger74

The Panzer IV in example 2 is the early war desert Panzer IV. The other that was recently released is the later war version.
I run a list that has 2 of each version in it as well as 2 Panzer III's.
StuGLove  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 3:35:32 AM(UTC)
StuGLove

Thanks for the reply! I was curious since one had the additional turret plates and side skirts. What about the short-barrelled model? Are they any good to take along? I was thinking two Panthers with Artillery Spotter and something else and two of the shorty panzer IVs.
Ranger74  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:30:45 PM(UTC)
Ranger74

I like the IV Short, it's good for popping targets that are behind others. Used them against my kid before he knew they had the artillery rule. He dislikes them now.
CmdrRook  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:33:18 AM(UTC)
CmdrRook

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Combined the Artillery Observer card, they are a fantastic way to bring force to bear without risking reciprocation. Remember that Attack modifiers can turn that wimpy 3 into a respectable 4 or 5.