Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sgt.Mike  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:29:42 AM(UTC)
Sgt.Mike

Im looking for a list that shows what crew and upgrade cards come with each expantion pack...
Thanks in advance for any help...
Ober999  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 8:26:59 AM(UTC)
Ober999

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sgt.Mike Go to Quoted Post
Im looking for a list that shows what crew and upgrade cards come with each expantion pack...
Thanks in advance for any help...

There is a spreadsheet available over on the Tanks facebook page.

Zeus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:19:23 AM(UTC)
Zeus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

Any chance for a direct link? I'm not that much into Facebook, and while I did find a Tanks page there, I couldn't find any mention of a spreadsheet...

Thanks, Zeus
Ober999  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:15:24 PM(UTC)
Ober999

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Try this link to the download.

https://lookaside.fbsbx....CVOvUcRwDkTNiizwfYGDYWyg

Edited by user Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:16:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Ober999 for this useful post.
Zeus on 5/10/2017(UTC), Dr Large on 5/10/2017(UTC)
Zeus  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:50:07 PM(UTC)
Zeus

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot!
Raider4  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 8:28:22 AM(UTC)
Raider4

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ober999 Go to Quoted Post

Hmmm, just tried this, it took me to a Facebook login page? No good for me, I'm not a member.

Any chance of hosting it somewhere else?

Thanks.

Kelvin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 11:17:03 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Any pack in particular you were wondering about? I have them all. Then again my cards are all mixed together. You could try youtube, a guy called trueflight silverwing does tank unboxings and reviews. Not sure how many hes done, but his STAW vids were very extensive and helped me back in my early fleet builds (insert nostalgic rose tinted sigh).
Kelvin Griffiths, Attack Wing Captain, Lord Of Rings Hero and Tank Commander. Sort of...
OldGuy59  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:56:41 AM(UTC)
OldGuy59

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,
I'm a Noob, helping out a friend, that owns the game, do up custom cards. I don't see options for images on this Forum, and I also boycott social media (other than specific forums, like this).

If I were to do cards, other than Facebook, any other place to post images? I put up my first attempt here: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3684160/oldguy59

I also would like a listing of, and text for, Tank, Crew, and Upgrade cards, to do modifications.

If you look around my BoardGameGeek gallery, you can see some of the custom event cards I have done for some other games. So, one of my plans, besides doing new, unavailable tank cards, is to do up Convention give-away cards to promote interest in the game.

Suggestions?

PS: Found images of spread sheets with all the info I think I need on Boardgamegeek! However, there isn't a description of 'Slow'? Has that been published? It was suggested for the Matilda II.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Post Script update.

thanks 1 user thanked OldGuy59 for this useful post.
Zerstorer on 8/8/2017(UTC)
Jhary  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:04:27 AM(UTC)
Jhary

Not all sets but https://yyctanksbrigade.wordpress.com/

And your Matilda is to cheap.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:06:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OldGuy59  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:49:56 AM(UTC)
OldGuy59

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jhary Go to Quoted Post
Not all sets but https://yyctanksbrigade.wordpress.com/

And your Matilda is to cheap.

OK.

The stats were from the "Craking the Code" thread. Cracking the Code... Post #37

What should it be, cause I have no clue.

Uthak  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:02:26 PM(UTC)
Uthak

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 13 post(s)
well. 13 doesn't seem to far off. maybe 15. it has great survivability, but not much else. its slow, has terrible (to the degree of useless) attack and slow movement. It should be more expensive because its obvious advantage when played in scenario-settings/games for objectives. 30 points buy you two hard-to-kill occupants for objectives, furthermore they make a great, cheap shield.
Zerstorer  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:19:49 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
That Matilda card is awesome....thanks! Maybe we could collaborate on some others I have made stats for? I made some fan cards, but your work is better.

I think the Matilda at 13 pts is about right. Slow tank is really a hindrance when coupled with lower initiative. The Panzer III short is at 11 points with a 4-3-1-4 stat line compared to my Matilda's 4-3-1-5. The Panzer has one less hit point, but moves faster (slow for Matilda being one arrow of movement per turn) and has a superior national trait, blitzkrieg. The Matilda does get heavy tank though....but that is almost a necessity since its slow speed means opponents will often be up close and flanking it.

So far, I have run a gaggle of games using slow tanks (KV-2, Char B1....both with better guns and armor than the Matilda...thus more pricey) and although the slow tanks typically have more armor, their enemies often cancel that out with better initiative and maneuverability. The games have "felt right." The Germans have had to rely on maneuver and focus fire generated crits to beat the heavy tanks. I will say though, that I typically create scenarios featuring 2 objectives in the middle third of the table....one placed by each side. This makes it harder for a slower, but heavily armed and armored, force to simply park and wait. In games with each side having the same number of points I find this kind of scenario to be more appropriate and challenging for all comers.

Imagine a 100 point list with 7 Matilda's and 9 points of crew upgrades! I still think they would find it difficult to take on a 100 point list with 3 early Tigers featuring 13 points of upgrades! I can see them having difficulty against a list with 9 Panzer III short tanks as well. I will tell you that the early war games I have been running with fan cards typically use fewer than 100 points though. 75 or fewer points per side seems about right, since early war tanks are so cheap.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:27:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified