Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Swished3  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 2:47:48 PM(UTC)
Swished3

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Swished3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rhet Sark Go to Quoted Post
I went to the flames of war site and looked up the upcoming sets of panzer III in plastic:

GBX96 Panzer III Tank Platoon (Plastic) (Pre-order)

The assembly photo on the back of that box seems to show 3 barrels that we can choose from to glue to a single turret.
Likewise the photo on the panzer 4 box shows 2 barrels and one turret.

GBX97 Panzer IV Tank Platoon (Plastic) (Pre-order)

I got the El Alamein box for the models for TANKS, and this is correct. Only one turret. I'm going to try pin-vising a small hole in the trunnion or turret and putting a small metal rod in each mantlet (maybe a safety pin piece or part of a paper clip) and possibly a small magnet on the inside of the turret....

I'm going to find a way to make my Panzers interchangeable as I did with the ISU-152/ISU-122 and the IS-2/IS-85

I did it. I used a pin vise to drill a hole through the trunnion on the Panzer IV and glued a piece of sprue behind the hole, with a 2mm x 1mm magnet on the front of the sprue. I mounted a 2mm x 1mm magnet on the mounting nub on the back of each gun mantlet. It was an easy modification.

The Panzer III, on the other hand, is a pain in the ass. Battlefront decided to mold 1/2 the trunnion on the turret and 1/2 on the gun mantlet. I originally drilled a small hole and mounted pin on the back of each mantlet, but the pins have to be in exactly the same spot on each mantlet to line up properly. To get them to line up properly was a pain. Instead, I mounted 2mm x 1mm magnets on both mantlets and on the turret. It required drilling and filing out a bit of the plastic to make the magnets fit, and I broke through the outer surface of the plastic so I had to fill it with putty. The long gun still wants to sit a bit high on the turret instead of flush so I might adjust the magnet but the short gun sits fine.

[img]UserPostedImage[/img]

LordOfKhemri  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 7:55:59 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Good work there.

Knowing the standard of my skills I'll just buy another model then I have two decent models rather than one wreck :)
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
dogg  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:28:22 AM(UTC)
dogg

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
Good work there.

Knowing the standard of my skills I'll just buy another model then I have two decent models rather than one wreck :)

I agree.

great job swished...i mean it

you making it over this weekend?

got some new scenery
Swished3  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:31:47 PM(UTC)
Swished3

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dogg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
Good work there.

I agree.

great job swished...i mean it

you making it over this weekend?

got some new scenery

I should be there. I'm getting my North Africa stuff at least half-painted and we can do a quick low-point game with the new tanks.
Dr.Dave  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:59:23 PM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Been looking at the gaming mats previewed on the home page. I quite like the idea of a railway line. I was in a model railway shop here in Wakefield buying paint the other day and I saw a load of N gauge track in a bargain bucket for 50p a length. N gauge is technically too small for 15mm games but it looked about right to my eyes. Might bob back and get some.

Wonder if there'll be a rule for crossing railway lines - movement across them restricted to 1 measuring stick maybe. Most railway lines in Europe are up on bankings which could give cover ( Brit tankers hid behind railway enbankments overnight during Goodwood for instance) but I don't think they were elevated in the desert.

Good bit on Greatest Tank Battles where Jimmy Leach saw some Panzer IVs and a captured Sherman approaching the other side of a railway bank. He shuffled his Sherman up the bank but the gun wouldn't poke over and he shot the near track - shuffled up a bit more and hit the far track - shuffled up a bit more and took the Panzers out.
Necrogoat  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:42:11 PM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Look at Flames of War, there you'll get complete armoured train (don't know the right word for it in english, sry) and railways in the right size

Edited by user Friday, April 7, 2017 3:27:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LordOfKhemri  
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:04:38 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
At huge expense for the tank busting trains
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Necrogoat  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 3:26:39 AM(UTC)
Necrogoat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Will there be a simultan release with wave 3 in the different languages?