Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StealthWolf84  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 11:10:50 AM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sorry guys, I just finished the first game, and I wrote a long and detailed report.
Unfortunately, the forum logged me out cancelling everything. No way I write that much again, and I'm a little pissed off, too...

I'll keep it brief.

Very fun, very fast and enjoyable game. It's easy in the most positive sense.

The special rules (Gung Ho and Blitzkrieg) are both effective and tactically demanding.

A few questions:

-The tanks in the game had initiative 6 (2 americans and 1 german) and 4 (1 german).
What's the activation order to move? and to fire?

-who deploys first?

-If I have a 12" long wood, does 2 tanks inside see each other, or is there a maximum distance you can see inside a forest?

-What do you think about my E-25 stats?
4-5-1-6 + "fast"

4 is good for a TD
5 because it has the same Panther's gun
1 for a normal armour
6 good integrity, it's a Entwicklung tank
"fast" because it had 65 Km\h of speed

if you want to see my scratchbuilt miniature of it, here it is http://tanks.gf9games.co...=89&g=posts&t=58

Edited by user Sunday, April 3, 2016 11:33:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Carlson793  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 4:09:34 PM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StealthWolf84 Go to Quoted Post
A few questions:

-The tanks in the game had initiative 6 (2 americans and 1 german) and 4 (1 german).
What's the activation order to move? and to fire?

It depends on which side was the attacker and which the defender (page 6, Attacker or Defender). The Attacker in each scenario wins all Initiative ties.

Assuming the Americans were the Attacker in your battle, then German Init 4 moves first, followed by German Init 6, followed by the Americans Init 6 in either order. Then the Shooting would have been American 6, American 6, German 6, and German 4.

Reversing that (German Attacker), Movement would have been German 4, American 6, American 6, German 6; Shooting would have been German 6, American 6, American 6, German 4.

-who deploys first?

Tanks are deployed in Initiative order, low-to-high, with Attacker winning Initiative ties (page 6, Deployment).

-If I have a 12" long wood, does 2 tanks inside see each other, or is there a maximum distance you can see inside a forest?

Page 8, Terrain, Woods. "Tanks completely within a Wood, and anything they shoot at, are in Cover." Since you need to have LoS to shoot at anything, and one or both tanks are inside a wood, they would each have LoS and Cover vs the other tank.

-What do you think about my E-25 stats?
4-5-1-6 + "fast"

4 is good for a TD
5 because it has the same Panther's gun
1 for a normal armour
6 good integrity, it's a Entwicklung tank
"fast" because it had 65 Km\h of speed

Based on the images I'm finding, shouldn't it also have Assault Gun (and of course Blitzkrieg)? Also, how many Crew slots? Maybe price it between a Panzer IV and Panther (closer to the Panther due to added Defense from Fast).
StealthWolf84  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:20:15 PM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yes of course, It has also "assault gun " And "blitzkrieg".
Thanks for clarifications:)

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 11:52:06 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Woods only block line of sight when shooting through them, a tank partly in or completely in a wood can be seen from anywhere on the table, as long as it is not blocked by other terrain, though it will most likey have cover.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrew at Tanks HQ for this useful post.
actionmackie on 4/4/2016(UTC)
Cerebus  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 2:37:58 AM(UTC)
Cerebus

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sorry guys, I just finished the first game, and I wrote a long and detailed report.
Unfortunately, the forum logged me out cancelling everything. No way I write that much again, and I'm a little pissed off, too...

I know what you mean. Just had the same thing happen to me. I was trying to add pictures to a rather lengthy battle report when bang. Shan't bother now.
Also the instructions for adding pictures are wrong. It says there is a check box "Attach files to this post?" ...oh no there isn't!