Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LordOfKhemri  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2016 11:42:16 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Got a couple the other day, love those fat things.

I was wondering about a special rule for them whenever we get them for real from GF9.

When firing at a bunker/trench/other buildings later on maybe or single storey building, if the Sturm rolls an UNMODIFIED 6, the target is destroyed straight off (all hit points for bunkers etc are used up) AND because it's been blown apart by the huge gun the target now does not block LOS but offers cover instead.

It will have Big Gun I reckon to modify an uncancelled hit to a Critical, but as it would be modified would not cause the building to collapse.

Hide behind that building then Cautious M10 while it's still there :)
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:02:22 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The Sturmtiger would be interesting in Tanks. It shouldn't shoot often and accuracy would be an interesting issue. The blast certainly could take out armor....maybe hitting all in a radius, friend and foe alike.
Tally - Ho  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:51:46 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I agree that it would be nice to have a set of "Bunker Buster" rules for certain units.
I actually thought that it would not have been a bad idea for the ISU-152 to have some type of special rule for firing against bunkers.
I think it would add an interesting dynamic to the game; especially OPS' with fortifications.
I also like the idea of after getting blasted buildings would not block line of sight. (Not sure it would apply to bunkers as they were a little bit harder to level.)
I am not sure if the same type of shells were used as AT rounds as the ones used to take out bunkers. (I believe the ISU used a different round.) If I am correct then it would not affect any of the Tank vs Tank rules.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:53:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Axeman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:10:17 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
The Sturmtiger would be interesting in Tanks. It shouldn't shoot often and accuracy would be an interesting issue. The blast certainly could take out armor....maybe hitting all in a radius, friend and foe alike.

Agreed. Reload time would have been very slow and the accuracy of the 380mm mortar was poor so maybe it would have a low fire factor but perhaps any hits against armour are treated as crits?

In reality it wasn't really intended to meet enemy armour. A decent swarm of medium tanks should tear it apart.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:13:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified