Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kelvin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi all

Im going to come up with some hombrew for destroying terrain, test it and post what I tried out sometime soon. Blame Band of brothers ep 4 for this cause I hate the way that battle goes due to red tape on blowing up obscuring property. Not concerned about that noise in my beloved corps!
CappyTom  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:48:57 PM(UTC)
CappyTom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We did a house rule you can drive into a house but must stop and can't shoot. Or you can shoot into a house the drive through on your next turn. Adding some spice to the game. We did it just for fun.

Thomas
MrFlibble  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 4:24:51 AM(UTC)
MrFlibble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Essentially these rules already exist to some extent:

http://tanks.gf9games.co...KS/Hit%20The%20Beach.pdf

These are very specific to that scenario, and not really intended for general use, they could easily be used as such anyway, they use the following "vehicle" stats for an (immobile) armed bunker:

Initiative 0 / Attack 3 / Defense 3 / DamageCapacity 4

For example a wooden building could be
0 / 0 / 0 / 2

And a stone building could be
0 / 0 / 1 / 3

Which could be combined with generic ramming rules, for example each object does it's (movement tokens + defense dice) in damage to the opposing object, where the opposing object may not use it's own movement tokens as defense modifier, or something along these lines.

Edited by user Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:01:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tally - Ho  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
This is my own 2 cents; but, never have been a big fan of house rules / home made cards.
It has been my experience that this usually leads to an eventual break down of the game quality and playability which then gets blamed on the game designers.

Not to mention it becomes an area of confusion in tournaments.

The game has not even been out a year; I think I will wait to see what the designers continue to come up with first.
thanks 1 user thanked Tally - Ho for this useful post.
CappyTom on 12/18/2016(UTC)
CappyTom  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:12:13 PM(UTC)
CappyTom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tally - Ho I totally agree with you. They usually do come out with more rules that enhance the game. We only do it for fun and to add something to our friendly games. We just can't help ourselves. LOL
Kelvin  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 11:28:36 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
After seeing responses and thinking about cover being VITAL to games fairness, I've abandoned the idea.

Keep it simple is name of this game after all.
dogg  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 7:09:58 PM(UTC)
dogg

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CappyTom Go to Quoted Post
We did a house rule you can drive into a house but must stop and can't shoot. Or you can shoot into a house the drive through on your next turn. Adding some spice to the game. We did it just for fun.

Thomas

We to used a basic house rule recently that "Damaged buildings could be fired thru but provided cover". We were using 3D terrain pieces that had destroyed tokens under the buildings.

Battlefield

Being hugh fans of "Saving Private Ryan" and "A Bridge to Far" we later came up with 2 new Fortifications based on the OP1 special riles.

Buildings follow all the normal rules for fortifications as listed on the OP1 instruction sheet except as noted and cost 0 points.
UserPostedImage

Fortified Buildings follow all the normal rules for fortifications as listed on the OP1 instruction sheet except as noted and cost 4 points per level of building.
UserPostedImage

I know it seems to add alot but it's still fairly simple to use in game terms.

Edited by user Sunday, December 25, 2016 7:24:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified