Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KampfgruppeAdler  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 5:20:29 PM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I know the game is 15mm...but I do not see why you could not use 1/56 or 1/48 scale tanks (which I own many of) on a larger board...it is not like you need a lot of tanks...seems to me that a totally tricked out Panther could cost near 50 pts....so you would only have 2 tanks...
Thundertotem  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 6:33:32 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
It could work, you would have to scale up the measuring arrow/stick. Since everything is line of sight an no range restriction for firing, the mechanics change would be simple.

I thought about the opposite by going 6mm(300), playing on a 1 or 2 foot square area. Again, the measuring stick would have to be re-scaled.

I think the 15mm arrow/stick is 6 inches, for /156, 1/48 scale, 12 inches might work, for 6mm(1/300), 3 or 4 inch stick would work. I have some 6mm stuff lying around, I'll have to give it a look see.

Edited by user Friday, April 1, 2016 6:35:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: commas

Panzer Vor!!!
StealthWolf84  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 9:20:16 PM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Thundertotem Go to Quoted Post

I thought about the opposite by going 6mm(300), playing on a 1 or 2 foot square area. Again, the measuring stick would have to be re-scaled.

Me too was thinking about 6mm, halving the point cost of everything, but keeping distances and gameboard as it is now.
This way you can introduce some "tank tactics" :)

I guess battlefront is working with the models they already have in stock, naturally. 15mm is still good for this ruleset. playing with 1\48 you need a 6x6 foot to mantain distances (1\48 is almost 1\50, and 15mm scale is about 1\100, so half the size)
nixon187  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 9:59:50 PM(UTC)
nixon187

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: StealthWolf84 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Thundertotem Go to Quoted Post

Me too was thinking about 6mm, halving the point cost of everything, but keeping distances and gameboard as it is now.
This way you can introduce some "tank tactics" :)

I guess battlefront is working with the models they already have in stock, naturally. 15mm is still good for this ruleset. playing with 1\48 you need a 6x6 foot to mantain distances (1\48 is almost 1\50, and 15mm scale is about 1\100, so half the size)

The rules are transferable, so i dont see any issues with playing it with 28mm or 6mm.

Its kind of what fits someone the most, i really like 28mm and 15mm, 6mm is too small for me ;)

StealthWolf84  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 10:01:15 PM(UTC)
StealthWolf84

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
FlyXwire  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:07:36 AM(UTC)
FlyXwire

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Miniature scale and board size has been an issue often mentioned in relation to FOW. After the initial introductory games with Tanks, I'll probably transition to play using 1/144th - 12mm scale (if the guys in my area like playing the system well enough).

It's a matter of space utilization (unit maneuvering room), along with a sense of scale range appearance. We'll also consider larger game boards than the "official" size for Tanks, as tournament play is not one of our goals.

Edited by user Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:09:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: tournament play in not a goal within my game group