Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rhet Sark  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:18:52 AM(UTC)
Rhet Sark

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I just read an article about an offering on the Flames of War website:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5309

They will be offering a new box set of 5 plastic Tiger E models, and "While supplies last" they will come with 7 Tanks cards and special decals and objective markers. Among those 7 tanks cards are some repeats like Michael Whitmann, and presumably the Tiger E Card will repeat what is coming in the GF9 Tiger release. But I am worried about the other cards offered: Otto Carius, Kurt Knipsel, Determined Driver, Clever Hans, and Schurzen.

At 33 points per tiger, I certainly do NOT need to own 5 of them to play 100 point skirmish games, and I do not relish the idea of chasing down this FOW Platoon just for the Tanks cards.

Will the cards included in this platoon be available through buying the GF9 Tiger Tank?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited by user Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:30:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Altered title to be less inflammatory

Tally - Ho  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:53:02 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Yes Otto Carius comes with the Tiger I Tanks expansion. It also only comes with standard amount of cards. So no you do not have to go outside gf9 to get the cards.

I think it might be important to note (especially for those who have not read the article) that the Tiger Platoon that comes with the TANKS cards is a special edition that is only available as long as supplies last. Once those are gone then the only way to get the cards will be to purchase the expansion.

Personally; I thought it was a nice idea to do the special edition pack. Especially for those who do other WW2 war gaming as well as Tanks. The only thing I would have preferred was that they had included 2 Tiger Tank cards. But; then again, one is better than none.

I do take a little issue with the title of this post as that is how rumors get started.

Edited by user Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:56:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:29:21 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
The Box comes with three Tiger Tank cards, the article is being updated to reflect this.
Tally - Ho  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 12:53:26 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Andrew at Tanks HQ Go to Quoted Post
The Box comes with three Tiger Tank cards, the article is being updated to reflect this.

Now that just made my morning.
Mikeyboy  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 3:45:03 AM(UTC)
Mikeyboy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That's awesome. Hopefully mine will turn up soon. I wish you would do this with all your new plastic box sets, as I would have brought a box of pumas as well, if they had the cards in.
Tally - Ho  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 9:53:32 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

I would love to see a Special Edition Series for some of the box sets like the Tiger I.
If they did one with the Pumas that had 3 copies of both the Puma & Pak 40 Cards I would be forced to get them.
Just think of a 150 pt game with 1 Tiger and a bunch of Pumas buzzing around the objectives.
Course I have a feeling one guy I know is going to want to play a game where he can field 5 - 6 Tigers.
(He does not know I have been secretly stocking up on ISU's & T34/85's. Like I would field a British force against a swarm of Tigers.)
LordOfKhemri  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 9:59:37 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Tally-Ho, I think you missed the "mwu-ha-ha" and twirling your moustache in a devious manner.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Tally - Ho  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 10:06:34 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
Tally-Ho, I think you missed the "mwu-ha-ha" and twirling your moustache in a devious manner.

I knew I was forgetting something. ; )

Edited by user Friday, December 2, 2016 10:07:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sparklingsquid  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 11:55:24 AM(UTC)
sparklingsquid

Two questions...

Where do I specifically get a Marsche version?

Can I get all of the upgrade cards in the Tiger expansion blister?
Rhet Sark  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 12:11:36 PM(UTC)
Rhet Sark

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
The article says that there is a special Marsche sticker on versions that have the cards. I don't know if it can be specifically ordered that way. I imagine if you run across one in your local gaming store you could see the white sticker or not. Still, its a $72 US dollar 5 pack... (If I recall).

And I'm still not sure if I will get all of those listed upgrade cards in the GF9 Tiger blister.
Tally - Ho  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 12:39:34 PM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: sparklingsquid Go to Quoted Post
Two questions...

Where do I specifically get a Marsche version?

Can I get all of the upgrade cards in the Tiger expansion blister?

My suggestion would be to call Customer Service and order from them direct. Only because I am not sure your local store can guarantee that you will get the Marsche version.

Not sure I understand the second question. The Marsche pack comes with more cards than the regular expansion blister. The regular expansion blister currently just comes with the standard 5 upgrade cards.

P.S. In the U.S. FOW Online Store it is $45.00.
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 12:55:16 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Michael Wittmann is the only card you will not receive in the tiger blister as the hero is a reprint of the one found in the starter set.
LordOfKhemri  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2016 2:38:48 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
My hands are full, got 5 Tigers in them :)
Now handing box over to wife to give back to me at Xmas :)

It's the Marsch box too :):):)
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no