Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IronWolf  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 11:18:13 AM(UTC)
IronWolf

Will we ever see offical stat cards for those very rare or special tanks that saw very little combat or no combat in this game?

I just got the Maus mini as an early birthday pressie and currently got it on my painting table.

Hoping one day to use it in a fun game against my Sons US tank force..

Cheers
IronWolf
carlisimo  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 11:37:18 AM(UTC)
carlisimo

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We're only getting stat cards for tanks that receive plastic models in Flames of War - the Super Pershing was a one-off with three alleged combat actions, but they snuck it into the Pershing's plastic kit. I'd be surprised if other rare tanks got that sort of attention. Usually only particularly common or iconic vehicles get released in plastic; the rest are resin+metal kits and I can't see GF9 releasing those in a game that's supposed to be a little simpler on the hobby side.
Zerstorer  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 1:12:24 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IronWolf Go to Quoted Post
Will we ever see offical stat cards for those very rare or special tanks that saw very little combat or no combat in this game?

I just got the Maus mini as an early birthday pressie and currently got it on my painting table.

Hoping one day to use it in a fun game against my Sons US tank force..

Cheers
IronWolf

Check this old thread

http://tanks.gf9games.co...89&g=posts&t=492
IronWolf  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:19:54 PM(UTC)
IronWolf

thx Zerstorer

at least we can have a battle with that stat card see how it goes.

cheers
IronWolf
Paul  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:58:46 PM(UTC)
Paul

I wonder if it should have the same rule as the tiger and IS2 about no side armour shots -it's all front armour rating
hithero  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:43:45 PM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if it should have the same rule as the tiger and IS2 about no side armour shots -it's all front armour rating

No, the side armour is considerably thinner than the front so is not considered a 'Heavy Tank' in game terms.

Mowie  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 7:15:23 PM(UTC)
Mowie

Originally Posted by: hithero Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

No, the side armour is considerably thinner than the front so is not considered a 'Heavy Tank' in game terms.

The Maus had 180mm thick side armour and you call that "considerably thinner than the front" which by the way, was 200mm.

Considering that the Maus's side armour and rear armour is thicker then most tanks frontal armour in WWII it would definitely get the "Heavy tank" rule in game.
IronWolf  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:35:14 AM(UTC)
IronWolf

My son and I will run it with heavy tank rule.

Will it then push the points to 70? Using the data card from the other thread which has it at 65pts

Just got some 15mm buildings will try the Maus against my Son's Pershing tank and a Captured Panther. He might even get a Sherman or two in after I add on my upgrade cards [no hero of course for the Maus ]

Cheers
Ironwolf
Thundertotem  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:43:41 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I have a Maus card made up.

UserPostedImage
Panzer Vor!!!
IronWolf  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 5:16:29 AM(UTC)
IronWolf

I don't see any thing regarding the co-axial gun.

Also how did you work out the points? Is 52 pts a bit low? Considering a super pershing is 46pts

Cheers
Ironwolf
Thundertotem  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:24:08 PM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Like this game, accuracy is sacrificed for play-ability. Co-Ax gun stats are not needed.

The card works fine for me, used it a couple of times. it's usually the first tank to go down in a fight as it gets a LOT of focus during a match. My win/losses have been quite even with it.

Just so you know I have stats made up for most of the E series too.

Edited by user Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:51:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panzer Vor!!!
Shadow  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:15:57 AM(UTC)
Shadow

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've just picked up a pair of resin Maus kits in scale with TANKS so I have been thinking quite a bit about rules. A friend suggested something more akin to some of the offerings here and this may be the better way to go but the Maus' unique size and stigma drove me to have an alternative that is quite a departure from the other German tanks. I wanted it to be so different and so clearly powerful but flawed so I came up with the following:

Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 - 80 Points

2/7/4/12

• Prototype: This tank cannot equip Crew and may only equip Ammo type upgrades. You cannot have more than one of these tanks in your army.

• Expanded Storage: This tank may equip two Ammo type upgrades.

• Slow: This tank can only move one arrow during movement. This tank cannot move while suffering from a "Damaged Engine" critical effect.

• Coaxial 7.5cm/12.8cm: After declaring your target, perform an attack treating your base attack value as 4. Immediately after resolving this attack, perform a second attack at the same target using the printed attack value; you may count up to two 3's as hits if your first attack was successful.

The idea here is to create a tank that can be positively lethal when its shots are landing but to hamstring its mobility (inclusion of "Slow" and the intentional omission of "Blitzkrieg"). I also am hesitant to allow any and all upgrades on it due to the very high stats and the potential for breaking the tank completely with certain upgrades.

A common question is why the omission of "Heavy" on a tank that was legendarily thick. My reasons are two-fold. Firstly, I think the side being effectively Armor 3 feels right as it is in the same effective thickness as the layers and angled Super Pershing front armor; the front being over 200mm definitely deserves the Armor 4 rating however. Secondly, I want to encourage mobility as the obvious counter to the Maus. The super heavy tank is so slow and so costly that I want its strength to be head-to-head brawling and its weakness to be a numerous and encircling enemy.

With that said, it is possible that the negatives may outweigh the raw stats and the multi-attack ability; if this is the case then I would consider either giving it a third ammo slot or perhaps allowing the player to choose whether or not they discard a used ammo upgrade after firing. This could mean constant tungsten or constant Extra Ammunition but that would also mean a constant threat of the entire attack failing or the constant threat of hits converting to crits (and crits really tear the tank apart, especially ammo explosion. this was also intentional).