Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KampfgruppeAdler  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:17:18 AM(UTC)
KampfgruppeAdler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
TANKS is a game that represents thousands and thousands of meeting engagements fought during WW II...infantry , artillery , anti tank guns and aircraft joined such battles after the TANKS type engagement was over...do not bog down TANKS with such units...there is Flames of War for that...
thanks 2 users thanked KampfgruppeAdler for this useful post.
LS650 on 11/22/2016(UTC), D.J. on 11/22/2016(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:43:29 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KampfgruppeAdler Go to Quoted Post
TANKS is a game that represents thousands and thousands of meeting engagements fought during WW II...infantry , artillery , anti tank guns and aircraft joined such battles after the TANKS type engagement was over...do not bog down TANKS with such units...there is Flames of War for that...

Is GF9 going to expand the game like that? Have You got some secret info?
Sean at TANKS HQ  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:59:22 AM(UTC)
Sean at TANKS HQ

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Don't worry, the game is called TANKS for a reason. For the foreseeable future, Infantry and their like will only be entering the game in the form of supporting tokens. You can see prime examples of this in our OP kits, which feature trenches, bunkers, etc.

Besides, there's SO many more tanks to get to first!
thanks 3 users thanked Sean at TANKS HQ for this useful post.
LS650 on 11/22/2016(UTC), D.J. on 11/22/2016(UTC), Tally - Ho on 11/23/2016(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:04:53 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post

Got my cash here, ready and waiting...

Some correct Achilles cards wouldn't go amiss though, have sent in my re-request a few days ago :)

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
goofus19  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:37:49 PM(UTC)
goofus19

What's the possibility of seeing anti-tank guns, since plastics are available for them?
LordOfKhemri  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:39:50 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I would hope that AT guns are in scenarios as "guest" features for that scenario only and not part of the TANKS range.

If you want to devise a scenario that uses AT guns then have a go. We have had aircraft rocketing German tanks Typhoon like by using Warhammer templates and scatter dice. Worked OK but I wouldn't want it to be a permanent part of the game.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
thanks 1 user thanked LordOfKhemri for this useful post.
LS650 on 11/23/2016(UTC)
Tally - Ho  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:14:44 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sean at TANKS HQ Go to Quoted Post
Don't worry, the game is called TANKS for a reason. For the foreseeable future, Infantry and their like will only be entering the game in the form of supporting tokens. You can see prime examples of this in our OP kits, which feature trenches, bunkers, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what you folks have in store next for WW2.
Tally - Ho  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:07:15 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
I would hope that AT guns are in scenarios as "guest" features for that scenario only and not part of the TANKS range.

I was thinking that it might be best if AT Guns were only to be put in the Bunkers. That way you could decide what types of AT guns you may want to use without it really affecting the core game. (Plus you would not have to bother with painting men.) After all; you already are using Bunkers in the OPS anyways, so this would just add more options to your force.

I agree we do not want to turn Tanks into Flames of War; but, I do not think a little variety would hurt.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:08:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

Zerstorer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:51:52 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

I was thinking that it might be best if AT Guns were only to be put in the Bunkers. That way you could decide what types of AT guns you may want to use without it really affecting the core game. (Plus you would not have to bother with painting men.) After all; you already are using Bunkers in the OPS anyways, so this would just add more options to your force.

I agree we do not want to turn Tanks into Flames of War; but, I do not think a little variety would hurt.

Scenarios with AT guns and tow could be cool. Figure it costs a movement arrow to limber/unlimber. Pivoting for some types might cost an arrow. Give them 1 defense die standard and they only take a single hit to kill. When allowed in a scenario, then they cost points deducted from your force total.

No need to have them in the basic game, but scenarios could be fun.
Tally - Ho  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:01:16 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

Scenarios with AT guns and tow could be cool. Figure it costs a movement arrow to limber/unlimber. Pivoting for some types might cost an arrow. Give them 1 defense die standard and they only take a single hit to kill. When allowed in a scenario, then they cost points deducted from your force total.

No need to have them in the basic game, but scenarios could be fun.

I think your ideas could have potential.