Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AnotherTanker  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 1:42:01 AM(UTC)
AnotherTanker

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well, its not really fog of war, but the person that had showed this to us called it that, but here is how it works. Oh, but before I explain it, you first need a bunch of small six sided dice or numbered chits. He had a bunch of small blue dice to use as markers. I wonder if the small dice he brought were blue because the initiative numbers are blue. Doesn't matter because any small die or chit will work.

So here is how the fog of war works as he showed it to us. At the start of the turn, you pick one of your tanks and roll a die. You then mark that tank with the number you rolled. You do this for all your tanks. The number rolled is the "Fog of War" number as he called it. You would then place a small blue die on the tank card matching the number you rolled. For example, if you roll a "3", you place a 3 on the tank's card using a small die or chit.

Game then continues as normal, but the initiative total of a tank is now the tank's initiative rating plus the number on the small blue die (or chit).

We played a few of games using his fog of war method and the games were pretty exciting. I think it was because the initiative was no longer static and predictable.

I just wanted to share this guy's idea with others on this forum because our gaming group seemed to like it a lot. We will try it again the next time we play. I'll let you know how that goes the second time around.