Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mowie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:31:46 PM(UTC)
Mowie

http://tanks.gf9games.co...entryid/151/Default.aspx

It is here! Can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful looking model!

Also can't wait to see who is on the hero card.
Dr.Dave  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:48:34 PM(UTC)
Dr.Dave

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looking forward to this one like everyone else but the turret zimmerit looks like it's cut deep - makes life more difficult for applying decals. In the past I've tended to apply a fair sized blob of matt varnish to the areas where the decals go , makes it a bit flatter.
Major_Koenig  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 5:40:57 AM(UTC)
Major_Koenig

wohoo, merry christmas to myself :) (and wittmann too of course, he will get his pussy cat :) )
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
TankMaster2000  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 8:20:56 AM(UTC)
TankMaster2000

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mowie Go to Quoted Post
http://tanks.gf9games.com/Depot/tabid/118/entryid/151/Default.aspx

Surely you mean "hero Cards", though I think one was leaked earlier... =)
JagdWehrwolf  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 9:00:49 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mowie Go to Quoted Post
http://tanks.gf9games.com/Depot/tabid/118/entryid/151/Default.aspx

Well... Spoilers ahead!!! Read at Your own peril!!!

Kurt Knispel and Otto Carius. And now we know both of their stats
thanks 1 user thanked JagdWehrwolf for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 11/12/2016(UTC)
Thorvir  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 10:34:54 AM(UTC)
Thorvir

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Neat! Though I'll probably avoid it do to the zimmerit detail is a deal breaker for me (or use a different model). Also, why is the Attack value only a 5?
JagdWehrwolf  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:41:53 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Originally Posted by: Thorvir Go to Quoted Post
Neat! Though I'll probably avoid it do to the zimmerit detail is a deal breaker for me (or use a different model). Also, why is the Attack value only a 5?

Flogged to death. Tigers Kwk 36 8.8cm L/56 was in performance close to Panthers gun. And a long 8.8cm mounted on JagdPanther (and Koenig Tiger) is Attack 6 in game.
Thorvir  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 4:13:31 PM(UTC)
Thorvir

Originally Posted by: JagdWehrwolf Go to Quoted Post

Flogged to death. Tigers Kwk 36 8.8cm L/56 was in performance close to Panthers gun. And a long 8.8cm mounted on JagdPanther (and Koenig Tiger) is Attack 6 in game.

Thanks, but I do understand the actual stats. When it's abstracted the way things are in this game, I just figured an 88 would be an 88 no matter the tank. All I needed was an explanation.
Axeman  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 6:54:23 PM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The "flogged to death" comment wasn't helpful, or true.
thanks 1 user thanked Axeman for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 11/12/2016(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 8:23:44 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Sorry, I disagree. There are many posts about the 88 and its Tiger/Jagd variants.

General consensus seemed to go with Attack 5 Tiger, Attack 6 Jagd.

I doubt that "only" having attack 5 will dissuade people from getting the Tiger. Players who enjoy playing the game as a game rather than eeking out every tiny piece of cheese won't give a monkey's about the 5.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Hauptman  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 9:20:58 PM(UTC)
Hauptman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks, but I do understand the actual stats. When it's abstracted the way things are in this game, I just figured an 88 would be an 88 no matter the tank. All I needed was an explanation.

It's not, there is a massive difference in the penetration by the 8.8cm L/56 as mounted on the Tiger I and the 8.8cm L/71 as mounted on the Jagdpanther, Tiger II, Elefant and Nashorn.
Axeman  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:19:55 PM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LordOfKhemri Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, I disagree. There are many posts about the 88 and its Tiger/Jagd variants.

OK I won't argue about this but I do think this forum needs to be welcoming to players who are new to the game. I won't comment any more on this.
Tally - Ho  
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 1:45:08 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

That may be true; but, often people do not pay all that close attention until something is relevant to them. As in the case of the Tiger I actually coming to market. It might be pertinent to add that for some repetition is the mother of learning. Especially when it comes to getting someone to think differently about a subject. (There are a few myths about the Tiger I out there; particularly about its mighty gun.) Even though I know better; I sometimes forget that the 8.8's are different in these units.

I doubt that "only" having attack 5 will dissuade people from getting the Tiger. Players who enjoy playing the game as a game rather than eeking out every tiny piece of cheese won't give a monkey's about the 5.

I would agree. After all it does also come with 8 damage points and the heavy keyword. I have not tried one out yet; but, on paper this looks like a pretty solid tank.
I know I will be getting at least 2.

Thorvir  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:41:00 AM(UTC)
Thorvir

Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post
The "flogged to death" comment wasn't helpful, or true.

I ignored it right from the start.

Thorvir  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:43:31 AM(UTC)
Thorvir

Originally Posted by: Hauptman Go to Quoted Post

It's not, there is a massive difference in the penetration by the 8.8cm L/56 as mounted on the Tiger I and the 8.8cm L/71 as mounted on the Jagdpanther, Tiger II, Elefant and Nashorn.

Sigh. Um, okay, thanks again for that, I guess. As I stated, I am familiar with the weapons used, but assumed that this game was abstracted to the point that an 88 was an 88 regardless of the tank used.
Thorvir  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:46:51 AM(UTC)
Thorvir

OK I won't argue about this but I do think this forum needs to be welcoming to players who are new to the game. I won't comment any more on this.

I am used to the "better than thou" attitudes--I usually end up schooling those types anyway--but am a grown man so it isn't a big deal to me, specifically. But I do agree with you, the anonymity that the internet provides shouldn't be an excuse to be jerkwads, and happy new players are the strength of any game.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but I am never unaware of what goes on. :)

So, to everyone else, thanks for the responses to my question.
Tally - Ho  
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:13:23 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Full disclosure; I am trying to inject a bit of levity into this thread. (My wife says that no one gets my attempts at humor.)

Sigh. Um, okay, thanks again for that, I guess. As I stated, I am familiar with the weapons used, but assumed that this game was abstracted to the point that an 88 was an 88 regardless of the tank used.

So if I understand what you have been saying; You were surprised at the attack number being 5 because you were thinking that since this is supposed to be a simple, fun, & introductory game that for the sake of simplicity they would give it the same attack value as the other tank with a similar gun?

It would appear that while your thought process was logical the conclusion was wrong. (Although how you got there makes sense to me.)

The irony is that there is probably a bunch of people who are new to this game who probably have arrived at the same conclusion.

Personally I like what they came up with.

But to get back to the main point of this thread;
Dude; I am getting a Tiger I for Xmas. Santa baby, pleease don't be late.

Thorvir  
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:21:07 AM(UTC)
Thorvir

Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post
Full disclosure; I am trying to inject a bit of levity into this thread. (My wife says that no one gets my attempts at humor.)

So if I understand what you have been saying; You were surprised at the attack number being 5 because you were thinking that since this is supposed to be a simple, fun, & introductory game that for the sake of simplicity they would give it the same attack value as the other tank with a similar gun?

It would appear that while your thought process was logical the conclusion was wrong. (Although how you got there makes sense to me.)

Well, yes, I freely admit that. That's why I asked about it.

Quote:
The irony is that there is probably a bunch of people who are new to this game who probably have arrived at the same conclusion.

I have no problems with it, either, I just needed to know. All is good.

Quote:

Just one Tiger for Christmas? Why not two?

Edited by user Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:21:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tally - Ho  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:25:26 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

Well, yes, I freely admit that. That's why I asked about it.

Quote:

I have no problems with it, either, I just needed to know. All is good.

Quote:

Just one Tiger for Christmas? Why not two?

War department is having trouble with the treasury committee. Something about ordering too much last month & not enough work getting done. (Whipped)
Also need to catch up on building the 15 kits I already bought.
thanks 1 user thanked Tally - Ho for this useful post.
Thorvir on 11/12/2016(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf  
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

I am used to the "better than thou" attitudes--I usually end up schooling those types anyway--but am a grown man so it isn't a big deal to me, specifically. But I do agree with you, the anonymity that the internet provides shouldn't be an excuse to be jerkwads, and happy new players are the strength of any game.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but I am never unaware of what goes on. :)

So, to everyone else, thanks for the responses to my question.

Gents. Causing offence was never my intention. "Flogged..." was ment as a statement, not an insult. Maybe I should be checking who am I responding to.

Anywhoo... 8.8cm on Tiger is not the same as 8.8cm on JagdPanther, King Tiger, etc. as Hauptmann explained earlier. Same caliber does not the same gun make. Long 88 was far superior to Kwk 36 used on Tiger.

What I can agree with You Guys is the hype for Big Kitten. Though I'm a bit bitter, 'cause I'm half way through painting a PSC one, build to late variant, but without zimmerit (could not be asked to do it). So two new GF9 ones are already pre-ordered and I'm going to strip the PSC and rebuild it to early version.