Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Major_Koenig  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 11:09:12 PM(UTC)
Major_Koenig

hi,

was wondering if we were going to artillery too, now that the first recon is there.
for some nations our playgroup sees very little american tanks ofr late war otherwise, as they mainly used shermans. one possibility would be to go to early and mid war and then have tournaments run one of those periods..

for germans we have plenty of stuff to wait for, hetzters, stug4, jagdpanzer4, KT, jagdtiger, ... :)

regards
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
Zerstorer  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 3:29:37 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Major_Koenig Go to Quoted Post
hi,

was wondering if we were going to artillery too, now that the first recon is there.
for some nations our playgroup sees very little american tanks ofr late war otherwise, as they mainly used shermans. one possibility would be to go to early and mid war and then have tournaments run one of those periods..

for germans we have plenty of stuff to wait for, hetzters, stug4, jagdpanzer4, KT, jagdtiger, ... :)

regards

AT guns would be cool and reasonable to expect, since we already had them in bunkers for OP1.

For American tanks, we still have some cool stuff to look forward to. The M-24 Chaffee, M-5 Stuart and M-8 Greyhound would be nice additions. I see all of these having the fast keyword and the Chaffee and Stuart had decent armor. The Chaffee's 75mm gun was potent too! Aside from these, we should expect some Sherman variants, such as the Jumbo, Sherman 105 and the Easy Eight.
thanks 1 user thanked Zerstorer for this useful post.
JagdWehrwolf on 11/5/2016(UTC)
Tally - Ho  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 4:41:56 PM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I like the idea of different AT Guns for in the bunkers. I think that would be fun.
Not sure how I feel about adding artillery at this point.

It appears that the parts to make the Sherman 105 already come in the kit.
I do like the idea of the Jumbo and the Chaffee.
Course there is the Hellcat as well.
Axeman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:50:24 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post
I like the idea of different AT Guns for in the bunkers. I think that would be fun.

Yep, I would like to see all of these US tanks, and some armoured cars.

Not so keen on artillery but maybe there is scope for single-use "effect" cards e.g. "Pre-battle barrage" which might stop your opponent moving in their first turn. Just a thought... :)

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:51:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zerstorer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:58:19 AM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tally - Ho Go to Quoted Post

Yep, I would like to see all of these US tanks, and some armoured cars.

Not so keen on artillery but maybe there is scope for single-use "effect" cards e.g. "Pre-battle barrage" which might stop your opponent moving in their first turn. Just a thought... :)

The effect cards are a nice idea as long as their chances to damage tanks are not too punishing. Maybe a repairable crew or tank crit being possible....with a chance to roll that off immediately? Those would probably be best used in scenarios.

Looking forward to some fast American AFV's, but with Gung Ho, they might be very nasty!

Axeman  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 9:25:55 AM(UTC)
Axeman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

The effect cards are a nice idea as long as their chances to damage tanks are not too punishing. Maybe a repairable crew or tank crit being possible....with a chance to roll that off immediately? Those would probably be best used in scenarios.

Looking forward to some fast American AFV's, but with Gung Ho, they might be very nasty!

Yes, nice ideas and I agree "effects" shouldn't be overpowering. Just one-off things. Players perhaps would not be able to re-use them or buy more than one of each card for their force. Thinking off the top of my head, things like "Boggy Ground" (no vehicle can move more than 1 in the first turn of the game) or "Smoke Screen" (a selected vehicle cannot shoot or be shot at this turn).

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 9:27:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tally - Ho  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 11:51:02 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Axeman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zerstorer Go to Quoted Post

Yes, nice ideas and I agree "effects" shouldn't be overpowering. Just one-off things. Players perhaps would not be able to re-use them or buy more than one of each card for their force. Thinking off the top of my head, things like "Boggy Ground" (no vehicle can move more than 1 in the first turn of the game) or "Smoke Screen" (a selected vehicle cannot shoot or be shot at this turn).

I really like the idea of effects cards. That could keep things interesting. Especially if it was a deck that would affect objective based games. Maybe it could be a deck of set up cards. You pick one at the beginning of the game and it says something like fog bank and it would state you could only shoot at anything within one arrows distance that turn. Then you could have to roll at the beginning of the next turn to see if it clears up, stays the same, or turns to rain. Then if it rains maybe the ground gets soft slowing down armoured cars. (I might be getting carried away here.)
Or like the boggy ground making it that all heavy tanks can only move one arrow per turn. Although I guess you would have to be careful that they did not get too complex or slow the game down too much.

I also like the smoke screen card idea. Maybe that would be a great upgrade card.

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:10:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

thanks 1 user thanked Tally - Ho for this useful post.
Axeman on 11/6/2016(UTC)
Tally - Ho  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

When the OPS Hit the Beach came out; one of my first thoughts was I wonder how long before they will make it so you have the ability to choose what guns go in the bunkers.
Course then I would have to actually get the real bunkers.

They do already make some plastic AT guns. I also thought I saw a plastic 8.8 sprues a little while back.

Think about running into a couple of those.