Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
St1mp0  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 7:51:17 PM(UTC)
St1mp0

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So just discovered the guys at GF9 are releasing a new tool kit which gives you a nice upgrade card, allowing you to repair all damages on a 3+

nice card to have there!

though you do get a nice tool kit to go with it, it seems really unfair that this is the only way to get that card. I dont agree with this at all. To some people who love the game, theyd have to spent (to some people) a lot of money to own this particular card.

And i cant think of any other method to release this package other then to make a quick buck from their devoted fans. and because of this I will be printing the card off myself. Which i never do. but I cant accept the fact that there is any other motivation behind this idea other then to make money.

my rant is over, feel free to delete this thread if you are unhappy with what I have said. But just voicing my opinion

feel free to comment back guys with what you think!
thanks 1 user thanked St1mp0 for this useful post.
LordOfKhemri on 10/28/2016(UTC)
LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 8:54:14 PM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Is this the German doctrine card in the Tiger Tank expansion if the rumours are true?

I can see your point, but what tankie would NOT want a Tiger in their collection?

This is apparently how X-Wing works amongst others, and that doesn't do too badly.

There's nothing to stop you copying cards for your own purposes as a point of principle and I'm sure at one point or another I'll do the same, but the kit is £5.50-£7, what's that, two pints?

Edit: ARRGH sorry, didn't see the Home Page.

In that case I agree with you wholeheartedly, that's a sneaky low down trick considering most people will have clippers, glue and files coming out of their ears.

FIFTEEN QUID?

Edited by user Friday, October 28, 2016 9:07:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 9:49:04 PM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Hey guys,
Don't worry. This is the only way, for now, to get the card.

*Edit* It will be part of a tank blister down the line.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:07:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

St1mp0  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 10:41:33 PM(UTC)
St1mp0

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That's a good thing to hear... But only if they're in a collective and affordable means to obtain them. If they're in other packages of $15+ for individual cards then that sadly will not satisfy the fans.

What would, is a card update package at an affordable cost for any faction.
hithero  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:38:37 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
It's only a card, can't see the fuss :/
CommodoreDecker  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:37:59 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It's only one card, and it's not much for the kit.

If you play war games then you should be used to the companies running on a profit margin.

You certainly don't have to have the card to play, but if you want it then you only have to fork out a little cash and then you get accessories to either keep as backups, hand down to someone in your group or add in as prizes at an OP.

This really doesn't seem like something to complain about, and I'm certainly not against complaining.

If you want it buy it, If not don't. It really has no larger impact on the game, or your experience playing it, either way.

Edited by user Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:40:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tally - Ho  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:41:50 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Whereas I probably will not be buying the Mechanics Kit, I do not see it as a terrible idea. If you are new & need the supplies anyway it really doesn't change the pricing much. (Assuming you get your modelling supplies from the site.)

Also it is not like it is a card you just have to have. It's nice; but, I can live without it at this point & do not see it as a reason to start printing my own copies.

Having said that; if they are going to package cards in items other than expansions, I would prefer it to be in items like a package of acrylic tokens or items of that nature.

Course putting them in the actual expansion kits is still the better idea.
CommodoreDecker  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:56:41 AM(UTC)
CommodoreDecker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: St1mp0 Go to Quoted Post
That's a good thing to hear... But only if they're in a collective and affordable means to obtain them. If they're in other packages of $15+ for individual cards then that sadly will not satisfy the fans.

I'm a bit taken back by your post. Are you saying that war gamers will consider $15 too much and not "affordable"?
I always come off badly, and I'm trying not to here, but what war games do you play that are more affordable than Tanks? The dice, yes the dice!, are $16 for Warlord games, you have to give $10 for the templates and $40 for the rulebook plus another $25 for your army book. You have spent nearly $100 just to buy the game equipment and haven't bought a model. GW is even slightly worse. Axis and Allies is several hundred for an army and FOW comes in as similar to Bolt Action.

Tanks purchases, after my first which was a starter and 3 of each Soviet tank, are really really really cheap, and are usually add ons to what I'm buying for other games.

I'm not trying to be a jerk at all, but if $15 bucks is not affordable to a person, then that person is not the target for war game companies. $10 expansions is a mind blowing thing. When we pick one up at the store we can't believe that we get it for $10.

If you don't play other games then please look around at the costs of playing them and you will see, while there are plenty of things to complain about with Tanks (delivery time, product stock etc), price, value and model quality are not among then.
thanks 1 user thanked CommodoreDecker for this useful post.
shifty33 on 10/29/2016(UTC)
Tiepilot1138  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 8:48:08 AM(UTC)
Tiepilot1138

Originally Posted by: CommodoreDecker Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: St1mp0 Go to Quoted Post

I'm a bit taken back by your post. Are you saying that war gamers will consider $15 too much and not "affordable"?
I always come off badly, and I'm trying not to here, but what war games do you play that are more affordable than Tanks? The dice, yes the dice!, are $16 for Warlord games, you have to give $10 for the templates and $40 for the rulebook plus another $25 for your army book. You have spent nearly $100 just to buy the game equipment and haven't bought a model. GW is even slightly worse. Axis and Allies is several hundred for an army and FOW comes in as similar to Bolt Action.

Tanks purchases, after my first which was a starter and 3 of each Soviet tank, are really really really cheap, and are usually add ons to what I'm buying for other games.

I'm not trying to be a jerk at all, but if $15 bucks is not affordable to a person, then that person is not the target for war game companies. $10 expansions is a mind blowing thing. When we pick one up at the store we can't believe that we get it for $10.

If you don't play other games then please look around at the costs of playing them and you will see, while there are plenty of things to complain about with Tanks (delivery time, product stock etc), price, value and model quality are not among then.

I don't think that's the point. In your example, you need the dice, and the books, and templates and so forth. You NEED those. I'm pretty sure nobody on here NEEDS more glue, snips or files. The card is the only thing of value to most players in this pack, and $15 for that is too much. This is a money grab.
shifty33  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 3:22:44 PM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well accually u don't NEED the card u WANT the card. Unlike the other games were u HAVE to have the books to play these are a cash grab to me in this day and age were soany games are putting rules for the game and armies online for free. This is in no way a cash grab they wanted to put out a cool little theme hobby starter kit and I think they did a great job with it. Cause of this kit my group (now 6people) 4 of the 6 are now getting into the hobby side of the game.

This kit is great and gets u usefull hobby supplies and a nice little bonus card as well. There not forcing u to buy this kit so u don't need to spend the money of u want the card and don't wanna buy the kit then wait for it to come out in the next blister.

Ed  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 4:34:04 AM(UTC)
Ed

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Since I already have the file, cutter etc., I just copied the online card to the correct size using cardstock and will use that.
Gimgamgoo  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 12:52:06 PM(UTC)
Gimgamgoo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I said to myself when this game came out and I got started, that as soon as they got greedy and started putting cards that are needed/useful in packages totally unrelated to my faction, then I'd quit.

X-Wing forces you to buy ships for factions you may not play just for that one card that is useful. It would seem Tanks is starting to head down that slippery slope by releasing a card in this clipper/glue kit. I know that's what makes the extra money, but as a gamer, I cba with it. There are enough other games out there to keep me busy without starting another money pit like X-Wing.

A shame they're going down this route.

And for those that say "over-reacting", well, enjoy buying every booster for the factions you don't play as the best cards start getting spread across all the factions and you need to start buying them all. It becomes Pokemon rather than a decent game of WW2 tanks.