Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tally - Ho  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:32:57 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I was curious as to which way others prefer to play the game.
Also what do you find to be the pros & cons of each?

I am thinking about possibly introducing the game at one of the LGS at some point and am curious which is preferred.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:35:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

LordOfKhemri  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:15:46 AM(UTC)
LordOfKhemri

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I find objective type games better than just Kill.

We think up little scenarios to add that bit extra and it does make a difference.

If you are doing a demo I found that even a few upgrade cards tended to get forgotten in the melee of trying to teach people how to play their first game. At a local show recently I kept forgetting the upgrades as it was hard enough effectively playing for two.
2 Dec 16, me to BF CustServ
Is there any news on my replacement replacement cards for the Achilles please?
6 May 18 no
Peoples Champ  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:39:57 AM(UTC)
Peoples Champ

Definetly objective based games. Tank ace just gets a bit boring after a while. Hopefully they will come up with a few more generic missions as we move forward with this game.
The champ is here...
Zerstorer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:40:15 PM(UTC)
Zerstorer

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Objective based games seem to be the most fun to play and reduce the furball effect in the middle of the table or around key terrain. We played two games last weekend. In one game a German force centered on 2 Panthers outlasted a duel with an American force centered on a Super Pershing, scoring 3 point to 2 in a game using 2 objectives. Came down to the wire with the remaining Panther getting that last point. The next game, the loser got revenge leading a swarm of T-34's to victory over a gaggle of Panzer IV's in a kill them all type game....the Russian special rule coupled with fast tanks is very useful!

That said, a series of 3 quick games between the same two players might be best. Say, you play one kill them all scenario, one King of the hill with a single objective and finally a 2 objective game. A list with fast tanks probably does best in the 2 objective game, a list with heavy hitters might have the edge in a kill them all type of game. Best of 3 takes the crown. Limit the games to perhaps 45 minutes and consider enforcing reasonable play speed to keep the games fair. A series of varied scenarios will encourage balanced lists, not lists tailored to a particular scenario. I see that as being a positive outcome.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:41:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified