Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thundertotem  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 3:02:46 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Saw this on my Facebook Group news feed. Can anyone confirm?
http://www.frontlinegame...9fb0bb69e4daeea5db200f2a
Panzer Vor!!!
shifty33  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 3:18:19 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's not shown in the Depot so ooo I'm not to sure maybe a little slip up on release ?
Thundertotem  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 3:28:58 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

It also looks like the Germans are getting the Puma too.
Panzer Vor!!!
Thundertotem  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 3:36:38 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

I would love to see the Tiger card, just to compare it to my stats and see how close or off I was.
Panzer Vor!!!
Tiepilot1138  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 3:52:22 AM(UTC)
Tiepilot1138

The card is on there. Click on the image, and then you can see all the cards that come with it.
Thundertotem  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:02:15 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Yup, found it. I was close with my cards.
Panzer Vor!!!
CatPeeler  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:22:08 AM(UTC)
CatPeeler

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Kurt Knispel (11 pts)
+3 Initiative. When rolling attack dice, you may re-roll up to two dice.

I... just peed a little bit...
Carlson793  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:38:12 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
For completeness and ease:
Puma/Pak-Wagen
Tiger 1

Looking at some of the other cards shown on...

Quick Thinking (Doctrine, Puma): This will probably become a auto-include on all German tanks (except Barkmann's)

Quick Turn (Engine, Puma): Two point one-shot to shoot last but avoid the side shot. Ehh...no.

Clever Hans (Doctrine, Tiger): Two points to go from 50% Repairs to 66%. Guess the record of your dice will be the deciding factor here.

Schüzen (Armour, Tiger): One point, discard the Crit just drawn against you and draw another to replace it. Don't like spending points to have a chance to make things worse.

Determined Driver (Driver, Tiger): Two points; re-roll one Attack dice if you have a Repairable damage card on the tank. Useful, but wasted if you take no Crits or take Bailed Out Crits.

Kurt Knispel (Commander, Tiger): 11 points, +3 Init; re-roll 2 Attack dice. WOW! Just picturing him and a Precise Loader in a Jagdpanther: Move/Shoot 9; Re-roll three misses, so roughly 5 hits per attack. Expensive, but might just be worth it.
thanks 1 user thanked Carlson793 for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 10/22/2016(UTC)
shifty33  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:48:14 AM(UTC)
shifty33

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I wouldn't give quick turn the down fall yet it's more then to avoid a side shot this can be very very usfull on assault gun tanks. Being able to turn to face your opponent that is now beside u were u can't shoot then and getting a side shot. I'll take a int 0 for the shooting to be able to turn. I think most or and low int assault gun tank is gunna love the quick turn.

Also love alot of the cards both the puma and wagon look good.

Carlson793  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:58:22 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
One thing that does concern me enough to keep the salt nearby: of all the Tanks products on the Frontline site, only the Puma and Tiger show Crew/Upgrade cards, and each of those are ones we've not seen/heard about before. Now, it could just be the distributor catalog didn't have that information for earlier (pre-)releases, but... I'm a bit wary now.
hithero  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 5:31:44 AM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I was so close I had I6 instead of I5, rest of the profile is the same..except mine costs 4pts more.
Tally - Ho  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 6:21:06 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post
One thing that does concern me enough to keep the salt nearby: of all the Tanks products on the Frontline site, only the Puma and Tiger show Crew/Upgrade cards, and each of those are ones we've not seen/heard about before. Now, it could just be the distributor catalog didn't have that information for earlier (pre-)releases, but... I'm a bit wary now.

I agree.

Much as I want to get excited about this, I think I will wait until I hear it from the source.
Tiepilot1138  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 6:28:33 AM(UTC)
Tiepilot1138

One other thing to consider, is there a plastic BF Tiger out now, or due out soon? I don't recall seeing one, or seeing an announcement about one from BF yet.

The images of the Tiger and Puma look like computer renders, not actual models.
JagdWehrwolf  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 8:42:06 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiepilot1138 Go to Quoted Post
One other thing to consider, is there a plastic BF Tiger out now, or due out soon? I don't recall seeing one, or seeing an announcement about one from BF yet.

Seems to be legit. Rumours about plastic Tiger on Christmas were being spread for a while now. And Puma is still shown on FoW website as coming soon.

Tally - Ho  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 10:53:12 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: JagdWehrwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tiepilot1138 Go to Quoted Post

Seems to be legit. Rumours about plastic Tiger on Christmas were being spread for a while now. And Puma is still shown on FoW website as coming soon.

Curious where and what the sources of those rumors about a Tiger for Christmas are. Since I only use plastic models for gaming I keep a pretty good eye on what is coming and this is the first I heard of it since 2014 where it was hinted at.

Not saying it is wrong; just saying I have not seen or heard anything about it.
Tally - Ho  
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:19:26 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

I like the Tank card that was displayed with the Tiger I.

I did wonder though about making it a slow tank which would mean that it could only move one movement arrow during its' movement turn. (It would still have the Blitzkrieg Ability.)

I had thought that they could have done this with some of the Russian Heavy Armor as well.
Tally - Ho  
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:26:25 AM(UTC)
Tally - Ho

Originally Posted by: Carlson793 Go to Quoted Post
For completeness and ease:
Puma/Pak-Wagen
Tiger 1

Looking at some of the other cards shown on...

Quick Thinking (Doctrine, Puma): This will probably become a auto-include on all German tanks (except Barkmann's)

Quick Turn (Engine, Puma): Two point one-shot to shoot last but avoid the side shot. Ehh...no.

Clever Hans (Doctrine, Tiger): Two points to go from 50% Repairs to 66%. Guess the record of your dice will be the deciding factor here.

Schüzen (Armour, Tiger): One point, discard the Crit just drawn against you and draw another to replace it. Don't like spending points to have a chance to make things worse.

Determined Driver (Driver, Tiger): Two points; re-roll one Attack dice if you have a Repairable damage card on the tank. Useful, but wasted if you take no Crits or take Bailed Out Crits.

Kurt Knispel (Commander, Tiger): 11 points, +3 Init; re-roll 2 Attack dice. WOW! Just picturing him and a Precise Loader in a Jagdpanther: Move/Shoot 9; Re-roll three misses, so roughly 5 hits per attack. Expensive, but might just be worth it.

Personally I really like all the cards for the Puma/Pak - wagen.
I especially like the 3 moves on the Puma.
I hope this really does come out as an expansion.
Thundertotem  
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 8:22:22 AM(UTC)
Thundertotem

Well, FlamesCon 2016 in NZ, show a bunch of new plastics and the tiger and puma are there. So I guess it's confirmed.
Panzer Vor!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Thundertotem for this useful post.
Tally - Ho on 10/22/2016(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf  
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:22:54 AM(UTC)
JagdWehrwolf

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
So everything is confirmed now. We are getting a Tiger and then some. But I'm feeling like having a bit of moan. I can't help but feel disappointed with how Puma turned out. It seems like a missed opportunity. It's not all bad, because it's nice to have a Fast Jerry can, but two things don't sit well with me: Attack rating and Recon rule. It's really a head scratcher why 5cm Kwk 39 (Puma gun) got a rating on par with vastly superior 7,5cm Kwk 40. And You can't really justify it by Puma being loaded with APCR ammo, as it was done with raised rating for 17 pdr. on an Achilles, as Puma was a recce vehicle. Which brings me to my second charge. It sucks that designers went with dropping just another gun (and not very good) on a table. It would be so easy to create a special rule for Recon that instead of buffing just a tank having it, could have been a support for Your force. Even going by fan made Recon rule (forfeit the shot and pass on Initiative in the same way as Radio Coordinator), how cool would be a swarm force made of StuGs reinforced with a couple of Pumas? Sigh...
hithero  
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:44:14 PM(UTC)
hithero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
The gun rating of 4 is I think correct within the parameters of the game.