Search
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carlson793  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:59:20 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
One of my top Guy Movies* has always been Kelly's Heroes. So of course, when I'm looking at a tank war game, I want to recreate as many scenes featuring Oddball and his Shermans as possible. Current terrain rules cover Buildings, Woods, and Destroyed Tanks, but I can't recreate the Battle of Clermont without something special for Ruins, soo....
Quote:
Ruins
Ruins block Line of Sight to tanks hidden behind them and give Cover to tanks within or partially behind them. A Tank inside Ruins only has Line of Sight to a target within one Measuring Stick of the Ruins. A tank can enter or exit Ruins by using one move for its phase when adjacent to the Ruins. This reduces the tank to one move for the phase (a tank exiting Ruins is placed square to the edge of the Ruins before moving further).

I'm considering changing the underlined portion (to account for limited ability to line up a target) to read:
Quote:
A Tank more than one Measuring Stick from a piece of Ruins terrain is in Cover when targeted by a Tank within those Ruins.

Thoughts? Opinions? Commentary on the limitations of my mental state/ability?

*You don't receive your Guy Card until you've seen Kelly's Heroes, The Great Escape, Jaws, Cool Hand Luke, Stalag 17, Shawshank Redemption, Seven Samurai, etc.

Edited by user Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:42:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Poorly worded line from cut/paste/change.

actionmackie  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
actionmackie

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Good thinking, could just use the woods rules for ruins. Think the main issue with ruins would be rotating the turret. Maybe when the tanks in ruins the ASSAULT GUN rule applies.
thanks 1 user thanked actionmackie for this useful post.
Carlson793 on 3/27/2016(UTC)
Carlson793  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 9:24:57 AM(UTC)
Carlson793

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: actionmackie Go to Quoted Post
Good thinking, could just use the woods rules for ruins. Think the main issue with ruins would be rotating the turret. Maybe when the tanks in ruins the ASSAULT GUN rule applies.

I like that. So the revised rules would be:
Quote:
Ruins block Line of Sight to tanks hidden behind them and give Cover to tanks within or partially behind them. When shooting out of Ruins terrain, a Tank gains the Assault Gun rule. A tank can enter or exit Ruins by using one move for its phase when adjacent to the Ruins. This reduces the tank to one move for the phase (a tank exiting Ruins is placed square to the edge of the Ruins before moving further).

Andrew at Tanks HQ  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:56:19 AM(UTC)
Andrew at Tanks HQ

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Moving this topic as the Rule forum section should be keep to official rule questions.